STC Episode 6 (news and speculation)....

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Warped9, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Almost no one pays attention to the board rules for picture posting re size, do they?

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Maurice, are you sure you're not having some sort of tech problem? I rarely see oversized pics around here and often enough (like now) I'm dropping in here with my iPad.

3. Maurice

The board rules say 640 wide. That pic Warped9 posted (link) was 1024 wide.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Then why do the mods never question me on the size of my pics? Never.

5. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

Is it still a loading / bandwith issue? I can see maybe 10 years ago where that may have been an issue, but still? By the way, the Rules under announcements is a broken link. Anyway, I resized mine above.

6. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

I doubt it's a bandwidth issue. It's just an annoyance to have to deal with. Not everyone has the same size screen or resolution, and whether the mods do anything about it or not, Warped9, there's no need to be a brat about it. You know it's against the rules, yet you persist. Jeez.

On topic, Continues posted a new "Construction" video on their FB page (via their Vimeo channel) about a half hour ago. Worth watching to see the new Engineering set!

https://vimeo.com/146705888

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

You are a never-ending jackass.

I have never gotten a complaint from the mods so shut the hell up. Every time you open your mouth it's nothing but crap.

Back to ignore.

8. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

I can't speak to what other mods do in other forums, but in the case of large pictures in the Fan Film forum, I generally don't notice them. (I have a very large screen.). When I do notice them (or when someone draws my attention to them), I usually just fix them myself with no real comment. Chick Hearn would say "no harm, no foul."

But yes, overly large pictures are against the board rules--whether that rule is enforced or not. Thank you for doing your best to follow the board rules.

From the FAQ file:

"When posting images, please make sure you do not post more than 50-70kb worth of photos, as a courtesy to those with slower connections. Images are to be no larger than 640x480.

"Plus, you should only include an inline images from web space that you own, or with the permission from the webmaster on which the image is located to avoid what results in costly bandwidth theft to the originating site owner.

"Instead, please post a link to the image."

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  9. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the link, Karzak. That IS a nice video.

10. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Greg, the forum software should be able to auto-resize large pictures when they're posted. I think i tried posting a picture url with the resize code and it wouldn't work.
    http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Whether that feature is not present in the version of vB we use or is simply not enabled, we don't have auto-resize for images. It's been asked for, but we probably won't be seeing it until after the forum is migrated to the XenForo software next year.

12. Maurice

Now THIS is definitely against board rules. Do I need to summon T'Bonz?

13. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Infraction issued for that post hours ago.

14. Maurice

Thanks for clarifying. That wasn't apparent. In most forums it appears the mods note the infraction in the thread so everyone sees when lines have been crossed and don't keep flagging the same posts.

15. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^ Vic Mignogna just shared these image on his FB page about 20 minutes ago. Enjoy!

16. Christopher Miles

Christopher Miles Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yep. Been watchin' the progress of the engineering set on Feek's web page for some months now. Congratulations to the Continues team. Looks great - especially all lit up.

Some other light spoilerish stuff is out there too (on Continues' Facbook page)- one really nice thing- regarding the video of Chris Doohan cutting the ribbon on the new set (I assume last week?) That's cool, quite apropos, (and good marketing!)

One last thing- they posted that they'd finished episode 6 and some of 7- with ep 6 arriving in the spring.

so-

1)How fast do they film?- I mean- damn they're efficient.

2)Out by Spring? So that's only 4-5 months(on the outside) on Post?

17. Treadwell

Treadwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As far as effects are concerned, space scenes are planned beforehand and are already in the pipeline before shooting. That just leaves things like transporters, phasers and viewscreens, which don't take that long yo do. Assuming schedules jive, 5 months is plenty of time for editing, sound mixing and color correction.

18. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice! Thanks for sharing! I‘m looking quite forward to it.

Could you please point me into the right direction? I seem to have trouble to find the right page. There is the generic actor/director one which just seems to collect entries from everyone who mentions him, and there is one where you can’t just follow him but have to add him as a friend. I always assumed that’s his personal one for friends and family so it didn’t feel right to do that. The last entry I see on there is by Michele Specht a few days ago.
    Is that the official way to do it? Is that the one where you found the pics?

19. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice pics!
    I'd love to visit one of these sets one day :)

Cool, thanks for keeping us informed.

20. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's a lot of red/pink on the bridge.
    I wonder if it's a dream sequence or something.

Kor