X-Factor or American Idol?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Brent, Sep 24, 2012.

?

X-Factor or American Idol

1. X-Factor

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. American Idol

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

It has to be asked, X-Factor or American Idol?

Personally, I hate X-Factor. I admit I have not seen the British version, but the American version, I just don't like it. Something about it, it just isn't grabbing me. I watched the entire season of season 1, and have tried watching it so far this season, but I'm not entertained, or interested.

I have to say for me, American Idol is better than X-Factor. Simon was crazy for trying to bring X-Factor over here, he shoulda stuck with American Idol. I just find it much more entertaining, better, the whole organization of it. X-Factor seems like a cluster F to me, disorganized somehow, I can't quite put my finger on it. I really dislike the editing for the show as well. I also dislike who they picked as judges, just doesn't seem like a good pick IMO.

I'll be ditching X-Factor, and continuing to watch American Idol for now.

Can America have two competing competitions, can it handle it? What say you, X-Factor or American Idol

2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll be honest, I can't stand watching either of them. You really should have a third choice on the list - The Voice. I'm normally not interested in singing competitions, but I do enjoy The Voice's focus on actual singing talent rather than image. I also like the coaching aspect of it, and the battle rounds are certainly a unique part of the show. Another thing I appreciate is that all of the auditions we see on stage are really great singers, even if they end up not getting picked. We don't have the gimmicky joke auditions like American Idol does. I don't always love the bickering between the coaches (which has gotten worse each season), but I do enjoy The Voice more than American Idol or X-Factor, for sure.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, The Voice focuses more on the talent making the first impressions rather than the looks and the flashiness. Some of them on there already have careers in the industry waiting to be discovered and already have experience, so it's always interesting to see what they contribute. American Idol and X-Factor both come from the same school of thought, and a tired one at that. Plus I find it amusing to see Britney Spears give advice when she's had so much of a troubled career herself.

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Non of the above, really. Never been a big fan of contest shows, and the current ones (when I've accidentally seen clips) are the worst ever. I bemoan the loss of scripted dramas and comedies to these lowest-denominator travesties.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Neither. I hate these "talent show" programs. I can't imagine anything more tedious.

6. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

+1
    Tried them, can't stand them.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

American Idol had some appeal in the audition stages back in the Simon days when he'd mercilessly skewer deluded people who thought they could sing.

X-Factor USA is just terrible.

The Voice is pretty bad as well, an even worse cast than the American Idol replacements.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I prefer the Voice. Idol and especially the X-Factor give too much screen time to the idiots, clowns, drama queens and psychos. Probably because they think it improves the ratings.

9. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Cancer or AIDS, you choose!