Who will die next in The Walking Dead?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ethros, Mar 20, 2014.

?

Who do you think won't make it out of Season 4?

1. Rick

2.3%
  2. Carl

2.3%
  3. Michonne

2.3%
  4. Daryl

4.7%
  5. Beth

48.8%
  6. Carol

9.3%
  7. Tyrese

9.3%
  8. Maggie

2.3%
  9. Bob

34.9%
  10. Sasha

14.0%
  11. Glenn

11.6%
  12. Tara

18.6%
  13. Abraham

2.3%
  14. Eugene

7.0%
  15. Rosita

18.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

**spoilers up to the current episode**

First off I know there's already a TWD thread, but we're allowed more than one right?

So basically TWD is up there with Game of Thrones for killing off main characters, and as we approach the end of Season 4 (two episodes to go) I wonder if we might be getting some soonish...

Looking back- in Season 1 (only 6 episodes to be fair) we had Ed, Amy, Jim and Jacqui of "the group" to die.

Season 2-
    First half- Sophia
    Second half- Dale, Shane, Andrea. And to a less extent the minor character of Jimmy and Patricia.

Season 3-
    First half- T-Dog, Lori, Oscar
    Second half- Axel, Merle, Milton, Andrea

Season 4-
    First half- Hershel, the Governor. And a few minor people at the prison, Karen etc
    Second half so far- Mika & Lizzie, fairly minor characters.

So if they were to follow tradition someone or more may die in the last two episodes. Of course they could easily not do that, but let's say if they do, who do ya think it's gonna be and won't make it out of Season 4 alive...
    Feel free to post on who you think or who you want, if they're different choices, and vote for more than one if you like.
    EDIT: So it could be no one, or it could be a few. Thus let's say Vote For 3

I put new characters Abraham, Eugene & Rosita in the poll, though I'd be surprised to any of them die I suppose you never know. I also forgot to put baby Judith on, but they wouldn't kill her would they.....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. Ethros

Place your bets!

My thoughts-
    Hmm like I said I can't see them offing the newbies without actually doing anything with them. Rick & Carl are fairly 99.9% positive to survive. Michonne too.

Outside of that… Glenn & Maggie I would say too will make it. The problem is they don't wanna go for the obvious ones, such as Jimmy & Patricia in the Season 2 finale, or Oscar & Axel in Season 3. I feel like if the likes of Bob or Sasha die it will kinda be too obvious.

So, with the arrival of big burly no-nonsense Abraham, I'm thinking Tyrese could be a goner, or if they wanna have a big shocker- Daryl Dixon himself.
    And then for my final choice, I'll just go for Sasha, never really found her that interesting tbh

3. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It better not be Beth.

4. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Random zombie #4 will be the next to die.

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm with you on that

I've been saying for a while now that no character is above being killed off at this point. I think the sad reality is that featured characters who've gotten a full arc of development are unfortunately prime targets

The crappy part of that is that people like Rick, Carol & Daryl have gotten a lot of development, and I can see ways that they could easily round out either Carol or Daryl's arc this season. The good news is that when Daryl dies, I'm almost certain he will do it sacrificing himself for others, (& probably to a human conflict instead of zombie one) which is the ultimate completion of his arc, from loser nothing dirtbag, in the shadow of his awful excuse for a human brother, into a noble & compassionate protector who values the lives of others as much as his own. This new group of his has almost no purpose, other than to be a catalyst for him to be thrown into a moral dilemma involving Carol, Beth or maybe Rick. One of his family is certain to be at odds with this gang he's in now

If I was putting odds on it, Beth, Carol & maybe Bob are at the top of the list, & possibly Daryl as the longshot. I'd just be real sad to see Beth go. There is just no one right now who can infuse that moral & faithful Hershel influence better, at this point, and the show needs that. Likewise, losing Melissa McBride would be losing the best actress the show has maybe ever had

I'm torn at this point. It'll be sad to see nearly any of those I mentioned go right now, but I have also come to terms with the fact that at some point they probably all will, so I'm also ready for it

8. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow they killed off Hershel? I guess I'm done with the series.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Tara is a close second but Beth's death sounds more plausible at this point. Plus, her death would bring the other characters together more.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  10. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Beth is safe until she is reunited with Maggie.

There is a plotline in the comics where Maggie attempts suicide because all of her family is gone, and she is just tired of going on. If they decided to use this plot on the show, Maggie will need to witness Beth's death or see her body/walker. Otherwise Maggie will hold on to hope her sister is alive. The biggest impact to get Maggie to attempt suicide is to see Beth die.

11. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Maybe they are done killing of characters? Eh?

12. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not a chance. And someone said about Reedus aka Daryl - I think there are 3 safe characters for a while. Rick, Carl, and Daryl.

Andy Lincoln and Reedus being way to popular to kill off - the producers would be stupid to do so unless the actors got either greedy or wanted to leave.

Carl because he's central to the plot.

My money is on that both Glenn and Maggie are toast.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, not only is Lincoln popular but it's *his* character's story! He's the main character and is probably the safest one on the show. Daryl is way too popular for them to risk killing off and Carl is pretty central to the plot and story too. Maggie and Glenn I'd say are largely safe for now, mostly from the popularity of those characters -and actors. Everyone else? Fair game. Really, I think Carol is on very borrowed time at this point.

14. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the show continues to loosely follow the comics, then Carol, Beth and Tyrese are on the chopping block (they've all so far lived longer than they did in the comic).

15. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

There was a time when i would have liked to see Tyrese go, but since he's forgiven Carol I've backed off a little. If Carol dies i'll be upset but I won't scream "raping my childhood."

Maggie must not die. She's the hottest thing on the damn show.

If we can even kill kids now I wouldn't mind seeing Carl buy it, but I'd like to see how his "romance" with Michonne develops first.

16. Trekker4747

I don't see the "romance" between Carl and Michonne as anything more than a mother/son one. Calling it a "romance" is just extreme. The only reason I can see Carl dying is when the actor's aging overcomes any "reality" of making the timeline consistent with the actor's age. A little under 2 years have passed since Rick woke up in the hospital and the actor who plays Carl has aged 4 years. Which really fuzzies things up on the whole timeline.

So either a much bigger time-jump will need to happen at some point to keep the ages making sense or at some point it's going to be that Carl was just entering high school when the ZA happened and he almost got killed because he was over-taken with awe by a deer.

Maggie being the "eye-candy" (so to speak) of the show is probably one of the things "saving" her for now but good looking actresses are hardly hard-to-come-by.

17. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

I think Carol and Abraham will die. Carol due to her past and Abraham for being way too impulsive in the way he handles killing walkers.

18. Trekker4747

Abraham is too new of a character to be the next one to die. Certainly someone else will die before he does.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Spoil alert stuff like that for people catching up on the comic.

20. Ethros

Beth actually isn't in the comics. I think there Maggie had more brothers/sisters who were either walkers in the barn or died from said walkers, but they weren't "Beth"