Are there any good Star Trek podcasts?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by DanStro, Sep 8, 2008.

1. DanStro

DanStro Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I have been trying to find some good/interesting podcasts relating to Trek. I've found a couple on iTunes but they just aren't too interesting. Something similar to Firefly Talk would be nice. With some good discussion not just about episodes, or even just talking over episodes playing in the background, but of characters, story lines,...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

One that is definitely recommended is "Treks in Scifi." A podcast that has endured for approx. 3 years now. Episode reviews and discussions, collectible reviews, and Trek news summaries comprise each installment. Audio quality is excellent as is the quality of the content. I have listened for some time, though not for the past few months due to time constraints. In my opinion, an exemplar in podcasting, especially with regards to Star Trek.

http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/

3. DanStro

Thanks KirkPicard, I am downloading some episodes now. I don't know how I missed it.

4. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

I enjoyed the supplemental podcast that startrek.com should have for STTMP Director's edition, you might like that too!

5. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I started listening to one called Make it So a few months ago. It's pretty good.

6. trentman359

trentman359 Commander Red Shirt

Those videos were very depressing.:(

7. DanStro

Thanks everyone.

22 Stars: Doh! Why would I look on startrek.com ;) I am downloading these too.

ToddKent: I listened to this a long time ago but I lost track of it. Thanks for reminding me, it is pretty good.

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, MIS is the best trek podcast I have heard.

9. celestialteapot

celestialteapot Cadet Newbie

'Make it So', well worth a listen.

I can't think of any other Star Trek podcast that I'd recommend, but if you're looking for a good general sci-fi podcast (focuses more on books) 'Starship Sofa' is worth a listen.

10. DanStro

The more choices the better. I am downloading a couple these too. Thanks celestialteapot.