Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I just don't see what the big deal about this trailer is.. either version. It's basically the same as the teaser trailer for the first Avengers film.. with the villain monologuing. "You were made to be ruled" (from Loki) is the same as "the whole world screaming for mercy" from Ultron. They are the same. They still have the awful, awful, awful CGI of a crayola plane cover Johanson at 1:38 that they didn't bother to change.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the worst name ever for anything, as there has been nothing cinematic about they way these films are made. They are entertaining but slight. There hasn't been a single scene that has captured wonder, awe, or drama that we deserve when going to see these films. If Avengers 3 was about Ultra-Ultron, the fans would go nuts as well.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Not everyone sees art the same way. No problem in that.
    There is just no reason to be upset about everyone else seeing something you don't.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Well, that at least clears up why they don't beat down zombieUltron when he appears, damn. So they're going to have to remodel the tower again. :lol:

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I respect that.. but that's what these internet threads are for.
    I did say they are entertaining. I'll give the first Avenger's some props.. that last battle really feels like a comic book on screen. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that it felt like I forgot that I was at the cinema during that battle - and that's a good thing.
    But I think the novelty has worn of as we get plummeted by these films. We realize thsat there is no heart and soul any more - just product (I guess - with the new version of the trailer - I'm supposed to buy Samsung products).

5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Basically "I don't like it" the moment *anything* new is released for this franchise the moment it's posted is getting more than tedious.

You don't like the films, okay, we really really get it. The 50 times you've said exactly the same thing were more than enough.

You're adding nothing new to anything at this point.

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

You keep on using the word "we" when you should be using "I".

Stop speaking for people that don't support your clear minority view in order to prop up your poorly thought out and ineffective argument.

7. Flying Spaghetti Monster

yes, maybe I have.

But hey the MCU has offered the same thing for the last five films. Really. They have. I hope you've noticed.

Pretty sad that the current state of cinema has come to this.. where some producers have given us a new status quo and people are so excited for it.. and now it's just the same thing over and over.

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

No maybe about it.

If you have had enough of these movies well before now, feel free to not come into Marvel threads all over the forum and say it over and over and over again.

9. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I did say they were entertaining. I also gave The Avengers a few good compliments above, and I have a few more to give. they would be sincere.

But I also have my piece to say about the mentality of all of this. None of the power, grace, and awe that could be captured in cinema has been captured in a single moment in any of these Marvel films.. nothing to (pardon the pun) marvel at. Yet people go nuts, and I don't have a problem with their right to go nuts, I have a problem with the mentality of it.. it all seems the human element is being stripped away and people like it.. and by the way I'm going to buy me some Samsung phones because that stupid hulkbuster was standing in front of the Samsung store!

10. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

You've said all this repeatidly, just get a blog or something.

11. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were the same...except one was in space, and the other on Earth...one was a rollicking space romp and the other was a spy thriller in a post-9/11, NSA wiretapping world...they have no shared characters...other than that, they're exactly the same film! :rolleyes:

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

They might feel like different genres, but that's the big joke.. don't fool yourself into thinking they were actually different genres. They both had the same ridiculous over-the-top third act, questionable logic throughout, clumsy exposition dumps, lousy science, and ridiculous over-the-top villain schemes (unless you think that flying aircraft carriers killing millions of people all at once - with no thought as to the retaliation from such an event - doesn't count as over-the-top.)

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

FSM's anti-Marvel bias is well documented.

14. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

So...they're Bond films? Is this supposed to be something new under the sun?

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't most of the stuff he's complaining about, a common complaint about most summer blockbusters these days?

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yes.

17. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

We don't realize anything of the sort. The MCU isn't made by four guys pumping out product, each film is made by a huge (mostly separate) team of people trying their hardest to make an entertaining film. You don't dig it, that's cool.

..."plummeted"?

18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You're saying they're not movies? Cinema, film, movie, motion picture. All the same thing. Synonyms. Cinematic, relating to motion pictures.

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

While I don't usually engage FSM anymore in these threads because he repeats the same thing over and over again, I just want to point one thing out:

For me, the shot of Black Widow dropping out of the plane on her bike was a highlight of the trailer for me. It's so interesting how different people can have wildly different reactions to certain minutia.

20. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Has anyone here found a topside view of the quinjet in this movie?