The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I really need to start collecting the Walking Dead series of Pop! figures. After seeing Carol and Tyreese I realized just how awesome that entire collection is. I've seen maybe half a dozen of the characters at retail but that's been about it so far. They even managed to make Merle look adorable, and that's saying something.

3. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Someone on 4chan just leaked the first clear photo from the Nuremberg Toy Fair of the upcoming Transformers Combiner Wars Titan-class Devastator. This is Hasbro's big $150 offering coming sometime later this year; according to various leaks from months back, he's made out of six Voyager-class Constructicons and will stand somewhere between 16 and 20 inches tall. First impressions are positive. His head's a bit small and the Mixmaster foot looks odd, but overall I like it.

[​IMG]

4. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I swear I had this back in the 80's.

5. cooleddie74

I haven't collected any Transformers since I was a little kid but some of the modern ones look pretty cool. Were I still ten or eleven I'd probably be wanting somebody to buy one of the new ones for me.

6. Doctorwhovian

Doctorwhovian Fleet Captain

The "Generations" line (covering a lot of G1 as well as Beast Wars and some of the later stuff) consisting mostly of figures mainly from the Deluxe and Voyager class is probably the best IMO. The "masterpieces" look good but are costly. They're more accurate to the cartoon versions of the figures than the original line was for the most part (Although the toys came first a lot of the figure's looks were modified/made more human like for animation), but also feature some added detail as well.

These days they're usually packed with comic books.

The movie lines, on the other hand I think have been kind of junky and too small. Oddly, the best movie Transformers figure line IMO was Revenge of the Fallen (as well as it's spin off lines Hunt for the Decepticons and parts of "Reveal the shield"), which is the worst of the films.

7. cooleddie74

My Black Series 3.75" Bastila Shan just shipped and I'm really looking forward to adding her to my collection. Once she arrives I'll have every basic 3.75" Black Series release to date except for the (Episode II) R2-D2 from the second wave assortment that was pretty hard to find and never carried forward into any of the later waves.

8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

They're all Voyager class? I'd seen a few of the blurrier pictures but assumed he would be in the same scale as the other CW figures. Not complaining of course, except maybe that my wallet might hate me. :lol:

9. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

All Voyager-ish, according to the various sources who've been leaking info about this guy. Some are smaller, some are bigger. Long Haul is apparently close to the size of a leader-class figure.

10. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

There's been a lot of speculation about that. It's also been suggested that Mixmaster has a more modern vehicle mode, with a smaller cab, as a lot of people have commented on how weird it looks in the picture.

11. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint reads Hawkeye #21, and has to be comforted by Spider-Woman, Tasha, and Mockingbird. Awwwwwww.

[​IMG]

12. cooleddie74

Picked up the 6" Black Series Yoda at a local Walgreens. It was the only figure they had that wasn't the Obi-Wan repack from the earlier packaging design or the Jedi Luke. I actually found a Yoda with good eye paint so he doesn't look like he's tripping on ecstacy, and the soft goods robe and other paint apps look pretty great overall. I really like him.

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I found a black series 6 inch Boba Fett.
    Not sure if he's common or not, except that I'd never seen him in my local stores before yesterday.

14. cooleddie74

Common? Not even close. He's still one of the more elusive of the 6" figures, though he's a little easier to find than he used to be when he was brand new.

15. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I finished out the Guardians of the Galaxy's Marvel Legends Infinite Series when I picked up Star Lord and Iron Man.

I've built a Groot!

16. cooleddie74

For anybody interested there's just been a store report posted over at Jedi Temple Archives that the brand new Rebels Imperial Troop Transport (based on an original Kenner vehicle released about 36 years ago) has just been found at a Toys "R" Us. The price appears to be $22.99 and while the vehicle comes with no electronic features or a pack-in figure it does have spring-loaded and rotating weapons and will probably be popular with many classic Kenner-era fans old enough to remember the original Imperial Troop Transport.

[​IMG]

17. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Oh I think I just got a tingling feeling.

18. cooleddie74

It's smaller and contains less plastic than the original Kenner vehicle from 1979 (plus I believe the original had electronic sound and light effects for the weapons and this one has none of those features), but it's still a pretty good interpretation of the Transport based on how it looks in episodes of Rebels. You don't get a whole lot in the box but at least it's a vehicle that can carry and store figures and has a few firing weapons with projectiles.

19. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

To bad it didn't come with a Shadow Trooper to fire the turrent or AT-AT driver to pilot this vehicle.

20. cooleddie74

Target stores are supposed to get an exclusive AT-DP with an AT-DP Driver figure packed inside the box so we are getting a Rebels vehicle that comes with an appropriate driver figure but so far they haven't hit brick-and-mortar retail. Here's what the single-carded AT-DP Driver figure that's sold by himself looks like:

[​IMG]