Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hard to tell much from the clips, but I do like the general feel of it.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Right under the Superman Shield picture that says "Man Of Steel" "Hans Zimmer" on it, there is an embedded audio/video, click on it, and it gives you list of the preiews

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, doesn't show up in the browser I use, but shows up in Chrome.

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I hate when that happens :alienblush:

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Its not giving me anything but previews for other albums.

8. Admiral_Young

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  9. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[LEFT]New tv spot

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZZqwzR82U[/yt]
    [/LEFT]

10. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^The more I see the more I like it.

11. Admiral_Young

That's the exact same one I posted in the coming soon link lol...but yeah I'll repeat what I said last night, it looks stunning.

12. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooops, I even looked at your post before posting.
    I'm going blind:eek::lol:

13. Admiral_Young

14. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Well he posted the YouTube version which I was thankful for since the player at Coming Soon seemed determined not to let me see it. But yeah, it does look stunning.

Although the shorter, quicker paced t.v. spots feel weird after watching those awesome trailers.

It is funny thinking that in this day and age, a Superman movie is the underdog film going up against the Marvel juggernaut.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just noticed that Lawrence Fishburne is Perry White. If this movie ends with Clark waking up in the matrix to find out this was all fake, then this may not turn out to be the worst live action superman adaptation. Warner Brothers is the distributer for Man of Steel and the Matrix :shifty:

I'd also give the scene from the older trailer were Jonathan Kent tells clark he should have let a bus full of children drown a pass if it turns out he said that because he's still actually the guy from Waterworld and he was right there to save the kids anyway, so Clark shouldn't have bothered :rommie:

I will say that the music sounds good. Thats honestly the only good thing i've said about the movie (and don't expect any other good words). It doesn't sound like anything will become iconic like the old superman movie music (the Man of Steel composer is no John Williams) but it still sounds like it will be good.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Well, it's a good thing you've made up your mind about the movie before seeing it.:rolleyes:

17. kirk55555

Well, I haven't seen Transformers 3, but I saw 1 and 2 and I hated them, so I didn't watch it, yet I know its bad. If I hate The Dark Knight and Rises, then what are the chances I'll like The Dark Superman of Steel Rises? Almost everyone, from writers to producers, worked on the Nolan movies, which I despised. All the movie clips have horrible stuff in them (like Pa Kent telling Clark to let kids die), and it looks like the whole thing will be Superman brooding and otherwise being another Nolan "dark" "hero". There is a better chance of me growing wings than liking this movie.

I'm not trying to make anyone angry or start something, thats just my opinion. I've been trying to keep it in, but the closer the movie comes, the more I feel like posting about it. Still, I don't want to derail the thread. I don't like the movie, I think Nolan should be put away for crimes against humanity for his hack work, end of story.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just read about a BIG rumor going around the net on IO9.
    Apparently they are saying that Krypton will not be destroyed in Man of Steel.
    I'm not going to say this is going to ruin the movie, but as a Superman fan, I don't particularly like this idea. Like they said in the article it does kind of go against the whole history of the character. Superman has always been a survivor from a destroyed planet who finds a new home on Earth, and it seems odd that they would decide to change that in the movie. I don't mind minor changes, like the new suit, a Black Perry White, or "Jenny" Olson, but this is one that I don't like. If it is true I hope there is a damn good story reason for it, because if not it just feels like changing things just to be different, which isn't really enough of a reason for me.

19. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

There's an interesting rumor concerning the absence of
    Kryptonite in this film. Supposedly it's because Krypton hasn't exploded and still exists...
    You can go over at io9 for more details.
    Spoilers, obviously.

20. kirk55555

If thats true, it would be the stupidest thing I've ever heard of related to a comic book movie, including Kevin Smiths talk about the Superman movie he was writing. A giant mechanical spider makes more sense than Krypton surviving. If it actually happens, it seems like a lame attempt to get Russel crowe back for a sequel.