If you found yourself aboard the Refitprise during TMP...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by gastrof, May 6, 2013.

1. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I would warn them, though would probably go to Spock and explain the situation to him in a calm and thought out manner, so that he could then deal with Kirk.

Ilia would be saved, Decker wouldn't need to sacrifice himself, V'ger could be stopped before it got into Earth orbit (thanks to the sacrifice of Ensign Ricky). Afterwards, Kirk would go back to HQ where he could get doughy behind a desk, Decker would resume his rightful command, Spock would return to Vulcan, McCoy would return to his civilian life and the new Enterprise crew could head out on many wonderful adventures.

2. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: If you found yourself aboard the Enterprise during TMP...

Actually, as already said, nobody was insulted except perhaps me.

Nobody was lured into a fight. That's YOUR imagination running wild.

I'm not responsible for the thoughts and feelings of a phantom you've dreamed up in your imagination and then stamped my board name onto.

There WAS no trolling, except possibly an attempt to sabotage this thread.

I'm quite aware of how things are to be done on ANY message board, including this one, since it appears I've actually been here, oddly enough, since the day BEFORE you joined back in May of '01.

As for infractions, there's no legitimate one here, but perhaps there should be one in the case of a mod who abused their authority.

As for me replying in a PM, why? You made your attack on me in public, why would I not be able to reply in public?

You'd do well to take into account something-

What you imagine someone felt or was trying to do is not what they were feeling or doing. It's simply what YOU'RE imagining.

I'm not going to reply to any more of the responses in this thread, since a simple game has been ruined, including by you.

Favoritism, perhaps, on your part, where a personal friend is concerned, maybe?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, and I'm owed an apology.

Doubt you'll give it.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except... Khan hijacks Reliant and Genesis as normal. But not being able to lure Kirk in since he's behind a desk, he takes Reliant to Earth and uses the Genesis device just to kill Kirk. His reign on the New Terran Empire is glorious but alas short as the planet destabilizes and any escape is impossible due to the arrival of the whale probe. Once Praxis blows up, this leaves the Romulans as the dominant power in the region. ;)

4. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, I wouldn't warn them. It is my opinion that sheer luck is what resulted in the prevention of Earth's destruction. Any deviation from the events that took place in TMP might result in destruction. So, no.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would be more concerned about V'Ger in the Abramsverse, you know if there wasn't that comic book about how Nero already took care of it while waiting for Old Spock.

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Since V'Ger didn't just want to transmit its data to Earth, but actually wanted to evolve, the capture of Ilia is a necessary step in Decker's ultimate decision to leave life as we know it and merge with the entity so he can have metaphysical nookie with his ex for the next several millennia. So no, I wouldn't warn them.

7. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Or...

Khan hijacks the Reliant and sets course for Earth, but Starfleet is tipped off by the lack of contact from the ship, so dispatches a fleet (spread out in a 3D pattern, since Khan apparantly can't adapt to the extra dimension) to intercept and engage the Reliant. The ship is destroyed light-years away from anywhere, the Genesis Planet isn't formed, David Marcus survives and both he and Saavik remain onboard the Enterprise when Decker takes it back to 1986 to recover humpback whales.

TFF is just completely forgotten about. Then due to his more enlightened mentality, Decker doesn't start in interstellar incident with the Klingons. :)

8. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Just when you think a dumb shit thread couldn't get any dumber, this happens:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I like ST:TMP and it's been one of my favorite Trek films since I was a kid. I tend to enjoy theoretical "what if" discussion threads.

Your mean spirited ranting is an insult to both of those things. This could have been a halfway enjoyable and fun little discussion but no - you had to go ruin it with your childish, stupid and condescending behavior.

Nobody should apologize to you for anything.

Thanks for nothing.

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Re: If you found yourself aboard the Enterprise during TMP...

gastrof, you are clearly spoiling for a fight here. It is the policy of the TrekBBS to respond to infractions via PM also. If you don't like it, you are free to go elsewhere. A further infraction for trolling has been given.

11. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't care which ship, event or alternate reality we're talking about - if I somehow found myself aboard the Enterprise, I'd demand to be let off at the nearest starbase, and hitch my way to Risa from there. :p

12. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd put NASA's Voyager 6 transmission code on loud speakers, catch V'Ger off guard, and cause the whole ship/cloud thing to dissipate in an instant, also saving the life of Captain Decker.

13. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

That depends: do I appear on the ship in the scene where Scotty's bringing Kirk to the spacedock, so my first experience is sitting through five minutes and change of interminable 2001-wannabe symphony music before I get to talk to somebody useful?

14. cheesepuff316

cheesepuff316 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Same idea but slightly different situation.
    TNG Season 1 Finale - The Neutral Zone
    What if you were one of the people they woke up, but being a ST fan, you knew them and what is going to happen?
    How weird would you feel!!!

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'd probably check with my Doctor and make sure my dosage of Prozac and Valium didn't need adjusted before doing anything else...

16. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Take the job of managing Ten Forward before that Guinan person gets there. I'd be the ultimate wise person too, since I know how every episode ends.

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You wouldn't be a ST fan since Star Trek doesn't exist in the ST Universe.

18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    But Conan O'Brien and the Three Stooges do (see Enterprise).

If both Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and the Curly Shuffle exist in the Trek universe of both timelines that's a pretty good start.

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I could finally put all that useless Shakespeare got stored up to good use.

20. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

...until their star goes nova...