The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

There was quite a bit of discussion on this in the season one thread.

In the second episode of season one, Glenn said that it was the first time he had taken a group with him into Atlanta; his other excursions had been solo. Presumably he focused on food and similar items, and of course that first time with a group got interrupted by the need to rescue Rick. After that, they only went back into the city twice - to retrieve Rick's guns and Merle, and to get to the CDC. After the CDC, they headed straight out of the city because the implosion would've brought walkers swarming.

I wouldn't say the comics are irrelevant. The producers have been very clear that the comics are going to be the roadmap by which the series proceeds, but, yes, of course they are going to detour to differing degrees at various points. Shane may still be alive, but I expect they'll still hit most of the same "big" points; we are, after all, headed straight in the next episode for a location that was important in the comics. Plus Robert Kirkman is an EP and writer, so it stands to reason that there will continue to be significant overlap between the comics and this series.

In any event, I don't think what sojourner posted is what Jenner told Rick; I think it's the other issue that has also previously been mentioned in spoiler code. That one results in some significant storytelling, so I'd be surprised if the series doesn't go down that road.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Ah, right, I meant Jenner. As for how relevant the comics are, you do know the writer of the comics is an executive producer and also on the writing staff for the show?

As for what I put in spoiler code, it's in direct response to what you said in post #72:
    How can you not see it's relevance in the discussion? It refers to a fact from the comic book that the show is based on which pertains to the line of discussion in the 2 posts directly preceding it. You can't get much more relevant in this thread.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks, sojourner. The contents of your spoiler was actually my next guess; I haven't read the comic, but that spoiler makes sense.

4. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

We've seen people stay dead, though.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not everyone in the interstate traffic pile up turned into a zombie. Does this mean that the virus just killed them outright?

6. sidious618

That's what I was wondering about. They'd certainly been dead for a while, too. I'm thinking it'll be explained at some point.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, the scene with Carl retrieving the zombie killing "kit" is all messed up. Why is that dead body in the truck? the door was closed, did whatever zombie attacked it close the doors? If bitten, why did it not reanimate? If not bitten, why was it dead in the truck? The same could be asked for almost every body found in a closed space.

As for my earlier spoiler post, that revelation takes place much later in the comics, so there may be a time issue there.

8. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

I think maybe they don't comeback when they die, that might explain the dead bodies in the cars. ever been stuck in traffic on a hot summer afternoon in the south with no ac? now imagine that but can't open windows and swarms of the undead around. ur gonna die in a few days if not sooner.

9. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Another thing that Jenner could have whispered, since he tested everyone, is that not only is Lori pregnant but that Shane's the father.

10. sidious618

I don't think so because why would Rick almost tell Morgan that and then cut off. It seemed to me to be something that could possibly affect Morgan.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok I guess we are doing one S2 thread rather than individul theads? anyway episode 2 is almost on yeah!

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I'm glad I got on here, because I totally forgot about TWD tonight. D'oh!

13. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

Much better than the 1st ep. I hope they keep up the good work. I read somewhere (probably in this thread) that the first ep was a mash-up of two episodes that were weak on their own. If this is the only hurdle that this show faces this season, we are in for some quality entertainment.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Really? Thought this one was a pretty weak filler episode, mostly. Which isn't great when we're doing 6-episode seasons. I mean, what happened? Other than Shane running to the school, which was the last couple minutes, nothing really happened. Everything that happened in this one could have been the first 2 minutes of next week's episode, and I'm not sure you'd have missed much.

With such short seasons, I'd like to see a little more progress each episode.

15. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

He better start hoping they don't follow the comic too closely because Kirkman loves him some melodrama (Rick has had something like three mental breakdowns at this point).

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Looks like they're going with a slower pace which is what you need for a zombie show. That's not a bad pun, it's just that there's only so much you can do with a zombie threat, so a long-running series needs to take its time so as to not exhaust its limited story potential too quickly.

17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

This season is 13 episodes. I haven't seen the 2nd one yet, but I have a good guess of who shot Carl and what happened to Sophia based on the comics.

I am assuming that Sophia found her way to the farm and that Hershel shot Carl. I want to see if Lincoln can do Rick all rage crazy like he was in the comic.

18. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno why, but this makes me laugh

[​IMG]

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Huh. I really liked this episode. I thought there was a lot going on. We had:
    a boy having surgery while wide awake, we met the family at the farm, found out that T-Dog was paranoid and very ill, got a little more background on the day Rick got shot, as well all the action at the high school. How in the hell are they going to get out of THAT?

20. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't understand why they wouldn't make a distraction much further away to draw the zombies there rather then just have the move maybe a couple hundred yards away(if that)