Dolce and Gabbana say 'Boycott Elton John'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Relayer1, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I'm an adoptee too. I've no contact with my biological parents partly because I don't know if I'd cause them grief if I did. It's been thirty-five years... I'd probably open up old wounds. If I needed contact, it would be for medical info. We could do that by letters if needs be.

ETA: My great-grandmother on my dad's side differentiated between blood kin and adopted kin. She's lucky I found out about that after she was gone.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I often think the same thing. In my job, I frequently help people who are trying to get or are going through IVF or IUI or whatever. And, as poignant as it is to see what people will go through for their children, it's even moreso sometimes to see what people will go through for children that haven't even been conceived yet.

3. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Happy Birthday Reg.

CCC.

4. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

D&G don't make kilts, Haggis, so I think you're safe. :rommie:
    Amen! :techman:
    At least, Elton John's products aren't made in sweat shops. I was a fan of his before I knew he was gay.

As for adoption: I always knew I wanted to adopt. As an unloved child and teenager, I knew that one day I would give a home to an unloved child.

Fortunately, the law (against gay adoption) did not prevent me, because I raised my sister's two children. (She liked guys more than her own children.) Instead of losing them to Social Services, I stepped in. Today, they still think of me as Dad.

I have four grandchildren and another on the way!

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know what shits me? When you confront people about this nonsense, "what do you MEAN synthetic children?" you get NO answer. Nothing. Just a bunch of dissembling and rephrasing and that's it. It's just people disconnected from the real world nursing their prejudices with nothing of value to add.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

At least they didn't call them Frankenkids. :rommie:

7. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I was never a fan of Eltons music. I am, however, a fan of his stance on this.

I'm glad your personal situation worked out so well for you and the kids. And (probably) for your sister. That's fantastic !