Zombieland

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FordSVT, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

And "Mad Cow lead to Mad People led to Mad Zombies."

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Maybe the zombies were easy to kill because the movie wasn't really about zombies.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if they push it a bit. It was, surprisingly enough, originally planned to air on NBC before they shelved it.

Here's a little about the graphic novel the series is based on: The Walking Dead.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The 'Zombies' were not dead, they just had a very bad disease and thus still humanly vulnerable and easier to kill. Still, remember the 'Double Tap' rule :)

5. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

..but my God,
    How much of Bill Murray's ass were they going to kiss?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I would have found the original cameo they had planned far better though, but it would've been sad to see because of recent events.

Patrick Swayze was the original cameo that was planned and they were going to do a homage of his scenes in ghost at the pottery wheel.

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw it today.
    Awesomeness. Just awesomness.

Oh, and Emma Stone. Hotnesssssssssssssss

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Okay, that was a frakking awesome movie. And I'm not usually all that into zombie flicks. Woody Harrelson was just hilarious, and that cameo! :lol:

I liked Jesse Eisenberg, too. He gets compared a lot to Michael Cera, but Cera's shtick just feels phony. Eisenberg can actually do more than just act like an awkward, gangly kid all the time.

And Emma Stone is 100% pure zombie-killing hotness.

I hope we see another adventure in Zombieland. :techman:

9. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Eisenberg does a better Cera than Cera.

10. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Eisenberg certainly has range. His roles in Roger Dodger and The Squid and The Whale have proven that.

11. Ganja Tea

Ganja Tea Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kick ass movie. Most fun I had in theater in a long while. Taking my grandfather to see it on the weekend.

12. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh really!!!

I didn't know that.
    Yeah, that wouldn't have come off funny anymore.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was mentioned on one of the talk shows (I think the TV Guide talk show - no I don't watch it I was looking at the listings and didn't have the internet up) that he'd been approached but said no.

What they'd had planned was that one of the characters would have been unwinding and playing with a pottery wheel they found in a house they were hiding out at. While the character was working with clay the Swayze zombie would come in behind them and sit down and work with the clay then try to bite her.

14. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I think the Swayze zombie would've been funnier now.

*shrug* But I'm like that.

If it was me, and I got a terminal disease, and the filmmakers came to me and said 'maybe we won't do that,' I would've been like, 'NO! We have to do it now, and if I die, promise me you'll leave it!"

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Considering he had a lot of trouble with many of the scenes from the movie Ghost I don't think he'd want them in. A few days ago E!'s stupid news show had an audio recording from one of his tapes where he said that he could barely sit through the film because he had a lot of trouble with seeing himself on screen dead and that he couldn't sleep after he watched himself die.

16. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

just finish watching it and I have to say I loved it. funny!! even my wife who hates zombie flicks enjoyed it. but I have to say I'm surprised they lived at all with all the dumb ass mistakes they did (talking inverse that is)

17. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I have never seen ZOMBIELAND..and I want too. Is it appropriate for an almost 8 year old kid to see? My son has already seen movies like DIE HARD and ALIENS and loves them, with the cussing and all, and he hasn't been affected in a bad way at all. (Okay, he called his sister shithead one day, but ..she was)...

Rob

18. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

If he's seen Die Hard and Aliens then Zombieland isn't likely to contain anything worse than either of those movies, although I wouldn't exactly say this movie is appropriate for an 8-year-old.

Nudity: None other than a stripper (with pasties on the nipples) during the opening credits sequence. No significant nudity during the main nartative of the movie.

Violence: Lots of it, but it's over-the-top violence/blood and only in the movie's "action sequences."

Language: Strong, but not much worse than movies like Die Hard.