The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

You can say that again.

I don't even know where to begin with Scattorshot. We all kinda figured he'd be a Silverbolt retool, but I was not expecting Hasbro to alter as little as they did. Alt mode looks awful; Silverbolt's plane with a thin shitty cannon instead of a nose. Bot mode looks exactly like Silverbolt with a new head. And his torso mode is straight up Superion in different colors! And he doesn't even get dedicated limb bots (not that it matters much, they'd just be minor retools of the existing limbs anyway)!

I had Scattorshot and the Technobots as a kid. He was my favorite combiner after the Seacons, so this reveal leaves me majorly bummed.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That's a good-looking Commander Cody, Saga! I have yet to see Wave 9 with Cody, IG-88 and Boushh Leia but he's probably at the top of my want list from that assortment or at least a very close second to that new Leia.

Congratulations on getting him!

3. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Takara will probably do something about that if they do release him. Or else they'll do something weird and just recolor him as Cybertron Scattershot. :lol:

4. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Updating my Funko Trek.
    [​IMG]

CCC.

5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

They did much better with Cyclonus, even though I personally have zero interest in him. Cyclonus is a favorite of mine, but since I have the very nice Generations mold I'm not big on the CW version.

6. cooleddie74

I really like those Star Trek figures. Did you repaint Uhura in the gold uniform from "The Corbomite Maneuver"? I thought the only version ReAction made is her regular red uniform.

7. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Yes. I plan to do a Mirror Sulu and maybe a Mirror Uhura.

CCC.

8. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

At SDCC, Matty Collector unveiled their planned Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain playset. It's planned to come with a bluetooth speaker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't even like He-Man, and I think this is cool as hell.

9. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Black Series 6" info from the Hasbro panel at Comic-Con:

Kanan Jarrus (from Rebels), Jango Fett and ANH Luke are coming to the Black Series 6" line.

The winner of the fan choice poll was Darth Revan. And since it was so close, they are making the runner-up, Sabine Wren, as well. :techman:

As for The Force Awakens, a First Order Pilot figure was revealed, plus a scale Special Forces TIE Fighter! (26" to be exact). Wow. :eek:

Pics at the link, including a finished Ahsoka! (BTW, the page was a live blog, so read from bottom to top)

StarWars.com

ETA: See this guy's twitter for some photos he took at the panel, showing some stuff not pictured at SW.com, including a close up of the TIE Fighter (Which he says will be $170).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  10. cooleddie74

I've been wanting a 6" Farmboy Luke figure for a while now, so this is definitely good news! I still have hopes that they'll make a 6-inch Landspeeder for him, the two droids and the eventual Alec Guinness Obi-Wan figure to sit inside, but for now the Luke figure by itself is more than enough.

11. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

She is actually kind of cute. I might be able to do a custom or 2 with her.

CCC.

12. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

The new 6" BS stuff is apparently on display now. RebelScum has posted a gallery of some closeups.

Link

They even have an awesome display recreating the explosive hanger scene from the trailer.

13. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

First, toady's purchase- Groot and Rocket Raccoon key chains. Rocket is the "exclusive" gold finish.

[​IMG]

Second- today's Shelf Avenger adventure. Wasp has found the extra-tiny Ant-Man bobblehead. He thinks Wasp and Black Knight are his parents!

[​IMG]

Card game night! Starfox is disappointed that it isn't strip poker. He forgot that their clothes are painted on...

[​IMG]

Someone has taught tiny Ant-Man 52 Pickup. Poor Dane and Janet have to clean up after him. Ah, parenthood...

[​IMG]

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I added the 6 inch Black Series Scout-trooper/ Speeder to my display.

I swear, looking at the Speederbike puts me right back in that film and makes me feel 11 years old again

15. cooleddie74

^
    It's a great figure and vehicle set, isn't it? One of the best of all the 6" Black Series figures released thus far.

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Yeah it is. I don't know why I hesitated getting it. Target had it for only $25.

The detail on the bike, his shoes, everything.. is fantastic.

I think the bike just did something to my imagination as a child. It had familiar features to my bike.. like the levers on the handlebars.. but yet it was also so different. It's the familiar touchstones about it that made it seem believable

17. cooleddie74

And that's what the best Hasbro Star Wars toys and collectibles do. It's great when they bring us back to some of the best memories of our childhoods along with giving us screen accuracy and attention to detail that didn't exist on the original toys of the 1970s and '80s.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Very true.
    But those original toys were filled with all kinds of charm!

19. cooleddie74

That they were. The original Kenner figures, ships, vehicles and playsets are some of the best toys ever made.

20. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I agree. I have a few but I wish I had more.

As a kid what amazed me was the diversity of the figures. Each one was unique and each had their own name, and so, their own story.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015