What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Madden NFL '15 (PS4) will be taking up most of my gaming time over the next several months.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I just bought the Bioshock series during the past weekend's Steam sale, so that's what I'm going to be playing.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Started playing Watch Dogs on my PS4 tonight. Only played for about an hour, but it seems decent so far.

Some of the controls are a bit awkward, though. I just wish all game developers would get together and make a consecutive decision about what certain buttons are supposed to do, and they should be forbidden from deviating from that scheme.

One thing I have noticed about Ubisoft games, though, is that they're all pretty much the exact same game just in a different setting. The maps are the same. The objectives are the same. I mean, I'm only an hour into Watch Dogs, and I basically feel like I'm playing Assassin's Creed...with smartphones.

It's not really a complaint, but it's something I've noticed, and I find it a bit odd.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

yeah, Rayman Legends, Your shape, ZombiU and Just Dance are Assassins creed in all but name.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

No.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I forbid thee from every trying to improve a control scheme, finding a new layout or simply being a button for different uses than other games

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Picked up 'Borderlands' in the recent steam sale and have been giving it a go. I've already played something like 70-80 hours on 'Borderlands 2' and it's a very strange feeling to play an earlier iteration. You can defiantly see where they made improvements. The sequel is much more lively with tighter controls and a *lot* more story and voice work. The first game feels small and almost empty by comparison. So far a least. I'm almost 20 levels in and haven't left the first town. I know there has to at least be a second one since it's mentioned several times in the BL2.

8. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Landmark. It's kinda like an annoying Minecraft. But it's only in beta. Anyone else tried it?

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Video games have been around for a long time and control schemes have been perfected. Messing with standard controls just to be different goes against decades of muscle memory that gamers have built up. Nothing pisses me off more in a game than a 2D platformer where you jump with the B Button (or, god forbid, the up button).

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, that's all I'm saying. Run, jump, punch, aim, shoot...things that pretty much every game does the same anyway. Then some random game comes along and messes with controls that all of our hands are used to using.

Obviously, different games will have different needs, but there are some fundamental controls that should just be left alone.

11. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I finally signed up for the $50 a year Playstation Plus and I picked up Dragon's Crown (PS3), Crysis 3 (PS3), and Metrico (Vita) for free. A year's subscription paid for itself within a single day. It feels like stealing.

12. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

In first person shooters, most developers tend to stick with a few configurations that are popular among FPS gamers. Most of the games have about the same functions and features in their setups....grenades, weapon switches, triggers, aim down sights, jump/crouch, etc.

But I still prefer the ability to customize my control layout. Lack of fully customizable controls should be a cardinal sin.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not really sure how I'm feeling about "Watch Dogs." The driving controls seems exceptionally clumsy. Of course, I haven't played a driving game since GTA3 over 10 years ago, so maybe it's me.

It still feels way too much like Assassin's Creed in a modern setting, and I don't like how random online users can just start hacking me without any notice.

Since it takes place in Chicago, I've just been driving around and trying to find assorted landmarks. A lot of major stuff is randomly missing from the city, though, and that's annoying the hell out of me.

However, I did find the Bean!

[​IMG]

:lol:

14. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Half-Life 2 Episode 1

I've had the Orange Box for a while but only played Portal. I do realize this game is 10 years old and I'm a bit behind the times.

15. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

RoJo, you can turn off the intruder function so that no one can disrupt you while you're trying to enjoy the SP campaign. I turn mine off too. :)

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I figured it was probably an option; I just didn't look into it.

It's damn obnoxious. There's a reason I don't play multiplayer games. I certainly don't multiplayer shit interrupting my campaigns!

I also forgot that I bought the Infamous DLC "First Light" a couple weeks back, and it auto-downloaded today. I almost started playing that instead of Watch Dogs.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ I think I'll wait for a sale to get First Light.

18. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished season 2 of The Walking Dead...damn you Telltale. You made me hurt.

19. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Never too late to play the classics.

20. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Cookie Clicker beta 1.0501 :)