SG-A – Vegas (5x19) – (Discuss – Grade | SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Brent, Jan 3, 2009.

?

Grade VEGAS

1. 3 ZPMs

30 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Good

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Average

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Bad

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. Poor

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Gate Malfunction - Utter Annihilation

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

Thats what I heard too. Her. Definately.

I thought the episode was really bad ass tho. Loved it. Even smiled at the Vegas/CSI/Death inside the body bits.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Why upset the show's childish sense of sexuality by actually showing the deed when you can just have your lead galavanting around in episodes like "Travelers?"

3. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

Prolly one of my favorite scenes was during the end shoot-out, the A-10s came in, guns-a-blazing turning the silver bullet into scrap metal. Always nice to see Warthogs in action!

I saw a couple doing a flyby over Portland once. I'm like, "hmmm. That ain't right"

4. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Well it is a family show and few sci-fi shows actually have sex scenes we never saw Kirk in bed with a woman either for that matter. Still I thought this line in Remnants was pretty bold of them.

I thought it was kind of rare to see that kind of dialogue on a Stargate show. And I really don't think Shep was in closet.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Kirk had the restrictions of 1960s television codes of self-censorship. Stargate: Atlantis doesn't, although I can buy the explanation that it is a family show (even if sexuality on the series is often that of adolescent boys' imaginations).

I agree that Shep wasn't in the closet, though. That kind of revelation wouldn't have made sense given what we've seen before.

6. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I think you've read enough of the thread now to realize a few of us misheard the word. To us there was something in the episode to confirm it. :)

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Yeah, yeah - they've probably all got cats named "Shep" too. :p

8. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah! Shep's a dog's name.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

But Sheppard's fans aren't really dog people, so they compromise. It does cause problems for them sometimes. Sometimes the cat knocks over the candles and all the photos in the shrine catch fire. :rommie:

10. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^You know I'm starting to think you're in denial, you really do seem to be obsessing over this. :p

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You know me, any opportunity to take the piss out of the Shep. It's not my fault the head of his fan club is Eleanor Abernathy. :D

(Oh just Google it!!!)

Seriously, though, I don't have a problem with Joe Flanigan. I think his character is written as an idiot too often and sometimes I question the motives behind that.

12. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just watched it on Sky. It had it's good moments, but I think we've had better.

Don't much care for the current "Sponsors Scifi" adverts though:(

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Grrr, I usually tape the frakkin' episode too. The one time I don't is the time when I'd want to go back and listen. Wasn't McKay the one who was talking about the medic? I wonder if Hewlett slurred the pronoun just to frak with us. :rommie:

Okay fine, he's not gay. Moving on...

Nah Shep would call her first thing next morning to beg for more. He's such a whore. Maybe for the movie?
    The fact that "schnozz" is a slang term for "nose" makes this comment more interesting than you realize...

I personally was very pro-Larren and thought the stuff with Shep was refreshingly edgy instead of the usual boring white-bread Stargate approach to everything, especially sex.
    It's common enough nowadays. BSG, Farscape, Lost and Heroes for starters.

Yeah, and he's madly in love with Peter Petrelli, too. :rommie:

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol: Yeah,definately not what I was shooting for.

15. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I caught that the medic was a woman straight away, and immediately wondered if it was this universes Dr Weir.

16. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Don't knock it til you've tried it though.

17. mredom

mredom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Come on-Keller is hot in ANY universe!
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

18. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave this a 'bad' rating on Friday night, but I just rewatched it and I have to say I enjoyed it so much more the second time. With the exception of the Sopranos guy's idiotic 'finger' discussion, I think this has become one of my favorite episodes of the season.
    I think it would have been interesting to see who was the Atlantis military leader in this universe though. It would have been awesome to bring back Robert Patrick for a cameo as Colonel Sumner, he could have taken some of Rodney's dialogue at Area 51. Although I'm sure they probably would have just rolled in Lorne.

19. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

i have to wonder how the Alt-Wraith got to Alt-Earth in their hiveship.

20. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the wraith have known where earth was for a long while, wasnt a hive ship on the way when SG1 was taking care of the Ori?

In fact didnt they end up colliding the bad guy ships to take care of both problems?