Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Congrats. :-)

Kor likes this.
  2. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Sad to hear of it. I hope you can manage to continue what you started.

3. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Thanks, RAMA. Today, I checked my blood pressure and thanks to medicine, I was back in normal range. :D

RAMA likes this.
  4. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tonight I increased my deadlift to 385 lbs.
    I was actually planning to go for 380, but the exact plates were all tied up, so I just decided to push myself a little harder, and I made it. :cool:

Kor

5. bajorangirl

bajorangirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just getting back into exercising. I have been suffering with depression for over a year. I am now feeling a little better and trying to get myself out and about more. Went on my first jog/quick walk today. I didn't go far but it counts, I'm hoping to build up my speed and distance quickly. :hugegrin: I used to be quite fit so I'm hoping to get back to as I was.

Kor likes this.
  6. Kor

Excellent start, @bajorangirl. :techman:
    Exercise helped me with that a great deal.

Kor

bajorangirl likes this.
  7. Kor

Well... this thread has been quiet for a while. :confused:

My previous dead lift personal record was 385 lbs (174.63 kg). Tonight I pushed that up to 390 lbs (176.9 kg), and then 395 lbs (179.17 kg). :cool:

Kor

8. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

Nice! :)

I havent posted in here since.... I think 2010 :| Sadly I am in absolutely terrible shape now. I've went from powerlifting, to streamlining my figure/toning up and now back at factory settings after my body collapsed due to a slight lump in my head :/

Only just started back at the gym this week and slightly off putting that I can't lift nearby as much as I used to; laughable in comparison :/

Finding it hard to get inspired to get back into the old routine. Maybe time to use here to inspire me to return to form!

9. Peach Wookiee

I'm now attempting some old-school dieting. I got a copy of The Scarsdale Medical Diet and am on a slightly modified version. If I forget my blood pressure/anti-anxiety medication, I feel my heart racing and my chest burning. I'm way too heavy and I can't ignore what's happened physically. I'm biking again.
    ETA: I've lost seven pounds in under a week and my chest is feeling better.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Broke through to under 100kg on the weigh-in last week - and have been maintaining my lifting level at 80kg as an upper limit. The PT has really been pushing me lately.

Really need to figure out and stick to my macro's, though.

11. Peach Wookiee

After two weeks, I've lost ten pounds!

tenmei likes this.
  12. Peach Wookiee

Sorry for the double post, everyone, but I've lost 14 pounds!

13. tenmei

Excellent to hear -

I've set myself a challenge to loose 10kg by Christmas, and to try and go to the gym every day for that period - it'll be a challenge, but if I can start of 2017 at 90kg or thereabouts, it'll be a good start cos then it'll mean I'll be hitting mid-eighties by my birthday in march.

14. Peach Wookiee

I can recommend the Scarsdale Diet combined with intuitive eating practices. I cheat according to the diet, but not hugely. And it's working! 15 pounds this morning and dropping. Tonight's dinner? Lamb chops!

15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Next year my big racing events are a marathon in May and Spartan Ultra Beast in September. So planning to lose maybe my more pounds in fat leading up to the marathon (Focusing on aerobics and body weight exercises) then gain it back in muscle over the OCR season.

Ran too many races last year, next year limiting myself to one per month.

Might consider a ninja comp in the spring during marathon prep as a log of the body weight work I plan to do in that time is 'Fun' body weight like rock climbing and grip work and my strength to weight ratio will peak around then.

tenmei likes this.
  16. tenmei

I'd love to do one of those assault course races - but nowhere near brave enough, and don't want to do it on my own.

17. Peach Wookiee

22 pounds and counting, guys! I'm feeling stronger.

Krustee_Sok and tenmei like this.
  18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Ran my last race of the season last weekend, came in 20:04 in a 5k. A PR but those 4 seconds kinda piss me off.

I'm running my first marathon in early May. I've got a 20 week training program I'm going to do, and that starts in two weeks, so I'm spending these three in between weeks lighter on the running and heavier on the weights. The reason, whenever I try to incorporate weights during a training program and do weighted squats/lunges I get major DOMS and it causes me to miss speed workouts, so I feel if I go really heavy the weeks I'm not doing much speed work, I can keep more strength training without ruining the speedwork.

My time goal for the marathon is 3 hours. I'm sure I'll get 3:00:09 or something.

19. Kor

My bench press is up to 210 lbs, which is about my current body weight. Yeah, I'm kind of a weakling on that particular exercise. It took me a while to recover from some shoulder strain that occurred in the summer.

I'm aiming to break 400 in the deadlift in the next few weeks. Yeah, I didn't quite meet my goal of doing that by the end of the year. I kind of took a break from heavy lifting for a few weeks and then stayed at comfortable poundages since then.

Edit: the other evening I successfully did one rep at 220 lbs on the bench press.

Kor

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  20. JDobbs

JDobbs Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm currently doing a 3-day split routine.

Day 1: Chest/Abs
    Day 2: Arms/Shoulders
    Day 3: Back/Legs

I have been getting great results from it and sill have time to dedicate to hobbies and other activities. In the spring/summer my wife and I hike and bicycle. We both have hybrid trail/road Trek (I was bias towards the name, Haha) bikes, a typical ride usually takes us about 15 miles round trip.

Fitness is a big part of my well being, both physically and mentally. My fitness idols are Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrigno, Lee Priest and Dwayne Johnson. Great to see others are into leading a healthy lifestyle as well!

Kor likes this.