The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Why does he have that massive scar on his face?

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    That's sort of how I have to sit down after I eat Thanksgiving dinner. I'm lucky if I'm even able to get back up from a sitting position after enjoying the meals my family and friends cook.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Because Constantine has a scar? :confused:

4. cooleddie74

I decided not to brave the local Walmarts today to try to pick up one of those $25.00 Star Wars 8-packs of figures. Besides, all the best ones were probably picked over last night right after people finished their Thanksgiving dinner and decided to do some post-meal shopping to beat the Black Friday morning avalanche.

If I missed the 8-pack containing the figures I needed I'll just have to settle for that and get them somewhere else...I'm not braving those insane, borderline dangerous crowds to pay $3.13 each for a value pack of action figures even if some of them did have characters I've been wanting for a couple of months now.

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I picked up Justice League New 52 Wonder Woman today. I must say that while I'm impressed with her sculpt and it captures the Jim Lee art really well...she has terrible articulation compared to my New 52 Batman. Also her sword barely fits into her hand, which kind of sucks. I'm still pleased with the purchase though. I also went to buy Arthur but he was surprisingly sold out! I might have to pick him up online...I can't wait until Superman is out next month.

6. cooleddie74

Did anybody here score any interesting toys or other collectibles on Black Friday yesterday? Any fun (or disturbing) toy shopping reports to make from the post-Thanksgiving retail blizzard?

7. OdoWanKenobi

Black Friday doesn't usually seem to be the day for scoring toys. I tend to think of it more as the day for cheap video games or blu rays. The Wal-Mart 8 packs were the only really great deal I saw that would have been of interest to collectors.

8. cooleddie74

My friend's toy shop had one thing of interest today: a VC12 Darth Sidious from Episode III(the one with the scary face and brown furry Chancellor's robes that a lot of collectors have had trouble finding). I've been wanting a second one so I couldn't turn him down...plus because the cardback had been creased a little and my friend and his partners were having kind of a Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend sale they let me have it for just $4.00!

9. cooleddie74

Picked up the 2007 Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes collector's tin Cantina Band figure set for just $10...it was in a near-mint package but was marked down for quick sale due to the Thanksgiving weekend. When it was brand new a few years ago it was a $29.99 Walmart exclusive.

10. cooleddie74

11. OdoWanKenobi

Which means figures are not far behind. After getting a breather for a bit at retail, Hasbro and Mattel both resume their assault on my wallet. :techman:

12. cooleddie74

I know the feeling. Something tells me the first new figures we'll see will be the final figures in the 2012 Movie Heroes line (Episode III Anakin, Sandtrooper, Boba Fett and blast-apart Battle Droid) since they've already been spotted in East Asia. The first waves of 2013 Droid Factory, Clone Wars and Movie Heroes aren't supposed to hit until at least January but we'll see...sometimes new stuff hits retail sooner than originally planned.

13. OdoWanKenobi

Finally got my shipping notice for my Hot Toys Hawkeye. I'll have him on Friday. Oh, and the 14 day notice for charging on Captain America, so he'll be coming down the pipe very soon, too.

14. cooleddie74

Sweet....you'll have to post pics after you get him. The online photo I saw looked great.

15. OdoWanKenobi

If all goes well, and there are no more delays, then Black Widow should be coming before the end of December as well. This will be a Marvel-ous month.

Ok, sorry. I couldn't resist. :lol:

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

:drool: I'm so jealous. I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a toy this year, though.

17. cooleddie74

Hey, as long as you don't go on eBay and spend $70 on one new Star Wars action figure you have nothing to worry about or be ashamed of. ;)

18. OdoWanKenobi

NECA Chell!
    [​IMG]

Due in February. Do want! :D

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. cooleddie74

Grabbed an extra 1998 POTF2 Ree-Yees this morning right after my friend's toy shop opened.

For those not in the know, Ree-Yees was one of the hardest Star Wars action figures to find in the earliest years of the modern era (1995-present). He came in a wave of just two new figures, the other being the almost equally hard to find Death Star Trooper...but while the Death Star Trooper later saw rerelease in a Target-exclusive figure and accessory set around 2003 and was later resculpted and vastly improved in several different incarnations up to and including the present day the Ree-Yees has never been rereleased except as a repainted exclusive in a Disneyworld Star Tours multipack of figures related to the theme park ride.

For a figure sculpt that's almost fifteen years old he holds up really well. They could rerelease him today with wrist, elbow and knee joints and he'd be a good seller.