Star Trek: The Compendium

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by BeatleJWOL, Jun 23, 2014.

1. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. Also, there's no slip cover for the box so dust can easily get in. Because of that, I transferred the discs into these empty slip cases I had handy.

2. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Mine arrived today and I have to concur, the packaging is flimsy. I'm usually pretty careful, so I'm not overly worried, but I might simply resort to putting them into the cases from the original Blu-ray versions I bought and simply give my originals away in the flimsy case (whoever gets them will be lucky to have them for free, so they can deal with the flimsy packaging ;) ).

3. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

My local pawn shop has Blu-rays for $3.00 each. I am sure you can find such deals in your area. As already posted, decent BR players can be found cheaply.

I am slowly replacing many of my DVDs with BR... at very little cost to me. Recently, I was able to find the complete Harry Potter set for about $20.00.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Sorry, havent read the whole thread, but is there to be a UK release of this ?

I take it it's not region free ?

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Anyone ?

6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

7. One Lucky Red Shirt

One Lucky Red Shirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Picked it up tues. With the new Captain America. Dont know if its ok to post but got it at the local best buy for $29.99. Ive looked at ID a lil bit. Scanned through the special features disc a lil. Its 2 hours of featurettes excluding the deleted scenes. Loved the deleted scenes.

Went through the ID film itself some. I have a 46" hdtv with kick ass infinity speakers. I gots to say its worth it. The imax scenes fill the screen n they so good and make a difference. Its like going from full screen to wide screen.

I was a lil bit guilty about double dipping. But for $30 n all the special features and the imax version it was worth it. Now gots to get rid of my blu ray Trek '09 n ID blu rays lol

8. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

9. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I've watched the 2009 film about 4 or 5 times now on BD. And I don't what was different this time, but I got more out of the whole Kirk-Spock relationship thing, as well as the Spock-Nero relationship. I don't know if I listened to and took in more of the dialogue this time or what, but the two relationships are basically the plot of this film. Or it could be that this is the first time I've really watched it since I've seen Into Darkness to give it a little more context. It's really a pretty good film in that respects.

10. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

You mean when compared to Into Darkness?

Indeed!

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The hyperbolic negative overreaction is five years in the past, maybe?

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I waffled on whether to get the Compendium or not, then saw it for $24.97 at Wal-Mart. So now I have it.

13. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

I got it for the IMAX footage. Bonus is the digital copy of 09 is HD, not SD like the original release. No DVD copy of ID though. Still, a better overall package and my earlier purchases will be gifted.

14. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Same here. I'll give my older Blu-ray's to my daughter on Saturday when I see her.

Though the packaging of the Compendium really does blow. :lol:

15. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

It does. Looks nice enough, but I'll have to be extra careful not to damage the discs (or the packaging for that matter).