Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's Stanton fucking Parish. Of course he didn't age. Immortality is his gig.

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

THAT's where I knew him from. I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't place him.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the flashback. It was good to be reminded how much difference there is between Mary-Margaret and Snow. It was a shock to see Regina pull out her heart.

It's a bit annoying how they keep using Henry as a trophy. Sometimes it seems like no-one actually cares about him as a real boy they just want to own him. Although, he is starting to get a bit annoying again. I know he's only a kid, so he's going to see things in black & white, but I thought Emma might sit down with him and say these people aren't just characters from a fairytale, they're real and they're human and sometimes they make mistakes.

I wonder what's going on with David's father as well. For a moment they seemed to be setting him up to have a major part to play but we haven't seen him in ages.

I did love Granny's line to Red, something like "It's only the breakfast that's supposed to be over-easy around here." :lol:

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I must have missed some detail. How did Owen and his father manage to stop in Storybrooke to begin with if the town is cloaked to the outside world?

While I like that Henry is exhorting everyone to be a hero, since that sort of thing is now considered cheesy, I'm a bit unhappy with Snow taking on this black spot for killing Cora. She and Regina have been and are a serious threat. Many have died because of them, and they intended to kill again.

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^It wasn't cloaked at first. Basically they were camping when the curse took effect (the smoke at the beginning was Storybrooke being created). Regina cast another spell to cloak the town after Owen left, which of course isn't working any more.

6. RJDiogenes

Ah, I see. Thank you.

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Did we ever find out who Cora killed? She had disguised the body as Cricket, but then he turned out to be alive. Or did they forget about that plot point?

8. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it was because they were camping on the land that Storybrook came to encapsulate. Remember how the purple mist engulfed them in the teaser.

Once the boy left the confines of the town, he was as blind to Storybrook as everyone else.

I still want to know who HER is in his phone.

Pity that all Regina learned from her first experience with the Jersey boys was to take the kid when he's a baby. She's still trying to force the issue with Henry, but at least she's starting to listen to him.

Loved it when she burned the spell.

I wonder, if Snow will learn to forgive Regina for all that she's done, now that Snow's own heart is no longer pure.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Incorrect. They were inside the town borders when it appeared.

10. Guy Gardener

sounds about right.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering how long Regina had that fireball going in her hand, I thought for sure they'd pull back to show Owen filming the whole thing with his camera. Especially since we had just seen him in the same woods.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

'Once Upon a Time' launching a novel -- EXCLUSIVE

13. Guy Gardener

I was wondering why her jacket didn't catch on fire?

By the way.

GROUNDHOGDAY!?

Considering how much fun we saw O'Niel have with Groundhogday in Stargate, I don't think Regina knows how to enjoy herself.

Why didn't Owen and Parish notice they were in Groundhogday? Or if they were caught in it, despite not being actively cursed, how come they could leave or were trying to leave?

Just another note, little kid Owen plays the presidents youngest on son in the new sitcom 1600, if you were wondering why he looked familiar. :)

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think Owen's dad would have aged, because in the town time stood still for 28 years. SHould be interesting.

15. RJDiogenes

Aha, that's what I missed. I turned it on when Regina was getting out of bed.

16. Guy Gardener

Ground Hog day... Where is she every evening before she's zapped back to her bed still stinking of sex with the big bad wolf from the night before which never happened. I hope it was good sex she's waking up in the afterglow of and not (big) bad sex she wakes up pissed off at the world about, because no matter how free her mind is the chemicals in her body are still caught by the curse and reset her to the day before which is why she doesn't age either that she has no control over her disposition until she wills herself out of her factory settings.

We saw the purple magic fog sweep over the country side and roll over their tent where they were hiding from the storm which was the construction of Storybrook.

17. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Groundhog Day reformed Bill Murray, so I suppose it can reform Lana Parilla. Rumplestiltskin was reformed by Belle. Of course, the whole curse thing was carried out by him even after he was reformed. Rumplestiltskin always succeeds in his long term plans but being a reformed character, the rewards of success can only confirm him in his goodness. I must say that the show is amazingly positive about Rumple.

Re Henry and Regina, Regina is the kind of mother who'll make him go to bed at night, and go to school, and eat his vegetables, and wash behind his ears, and nag him about getting into a good college. He is always going to prefer Emma and the youngest grandparents on the planet.

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Is it inconsistancy on the part pf the writers... or is there something special about Henry that Henry can leave and return to Storybrook (the pilot episode) but when the Jersey boy left Storybrook he could not return?

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, Henry is descended from an Enchanted Forest bloodline. Owen wasn't.

I do wonder how Henry got to Storybrook. The first season it is indicated that Gold arranged Henry's adoption. How did Henry get there if no one could see the town?

20. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

The same way Emma did: by being of an Enchanted Forest bloodline, and thus able to see Storybrooke even when it was cursed.

Presumably, Neal/Baelfire could have come there during the curse, as well.