The Definitive SPOILER Thread. Actual Spoilers.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by thePhanatic, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

I've seen the film, and am now willing to start spoiling. So many of you have been asking for spoilers for so long - but now that they're actually available, will you ACTUALLY want them?

I will post one TRUE and one FALSE statement. One is a genuine spoiler, the other is not.

William Shatner is in the film.
    Leonard Nimoy is in the film.

2. abaldwin360

abaldwin360 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I got really excited when I saw this thread, then I clicked on it.

UGH! I just want to know if Harrison is Khan. :(

3. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

Harrison = Khan.

"John Harrison" is an alias created by a section of Starfleet (the 31st section) for a 300-year-old genetically enhanced being that can take a flurry of punches without flinching.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  4. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

Uh, how is posting one true and one false statement "definitive?"

5. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

I'll post spoilers based on what people here want, and ONLY what people actually want. Not going to spoil the entire movie even for you lot.

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you like the film? Scale from 1 - 10. Best and worst parts? Was the Enterprise underwater?

7. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

THREE of the following FIVE die.
    Adm. Pike. Adm. Marcus. Carol Marcus. James Kirk. Spock.

8. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

How about use the spoiler feature and people can click on it if they want? Sorry, this just feels like playing games.

9. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

As a film buff, 9. As a Trekkie, 10. If anything, the film paid too much fanservice - and maintains the frenetic pace of XI.

I think I've got these spoiler tags. Anything that's definitive will get tags.

Yes, the Enterprise hides from the natives under the water in the prologue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  10. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

I like playing games with people. I'll confirm anything 100% if people specifically want to know, but I'll leave the rest hanging.

11. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread is dumb. Sorry. The entire synopsis from the IMDB forums has been posted over in the Grading & Discussion thread, so full spoilers are available with a couple of clicks.

To get the big questions out of the way:

Cumberbatch is Khan.

Admiral Marcus is working for Section 31.

That's Khan's ship crashing in the bay.

The Dreadnaught is Marcus's ship.

Spock Prime is in the movie. He warned Starfleet about Khan. Section 31 found and recruited him.

Both Pike and Kirk die at different points in the film. Kirk gets brought back with Lhan's blood. (Dunno how that works.)

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do they actually bring Kirk back to life at the end using Khan's blood?

14. Gepard

Good lord. You're evil. :lol:

15. DJ Mike

DJ Mike Ensign Red Shirt

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's what Kaz_Lucas implies at IMDB.

And this is the goddamned "Definitive I'll answer anything you ask SPOILER thread," right? How fucking oblique are we supposed to be in here? :lol:

17. aeriolewinters

aeriolewinters Lieutenant Red Shirt

Shatner's going to be pissed over this. Here we are in the Prime Universe, and Prime-Kirk is still dead. Prime-Spock should just get more blood from Khan, and then... when he gets a chance to go to the Prime-Universe... Go back in time after the Viridian III incident.

They should've made a Reverse TSFS thing with Kirk. They Find oldNuKirk(Played by William Shatner) and he gradually de-ages.

18. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

Early spoilers centred around Noel Clarke's character having a child dying in hospital. The child is brought back from the brink of death by a sample of Khan's blood. McCoy later applies the blood to a recently dead tribble in order to examine its regenerative properties, having witnessed Khan take a flurry of punches from Kirk without a flinch. The tribble comes back to life at a convenient time.

19. thePhanatic

thePhanatic Guest

The second act of the film climaxes with a reversal of the Wrath of Khan - Kirk dies from the radiation - and Spock does the "KHAN!!!" scream.

20. Gepard

I have to say, as a plot-point that might be one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. It's down there with the magic Cylon baby blood cancer cure from Battlestar Galactica.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.