Sam Jackson goes all..."Sam Jackson" on Sam Rubin

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by gblews, Feb 11, 2014.

1. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is this an all black people don't look alike thing, or an I'm a much better actor than that hack sort of thing?

(Your link is taking us to the wrong place.)

3. gblews

The link works for me. The video should be the first thing you see. The play button is in lower left corner.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Bruce Jenner's getting a sex-change operation.... ?

Anyway, apparently TMZ has webdesign software from AOL 4.0 circa 1998. Scroll down a bit through the stories and the OP story is down there somewhere.

5. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Sorry, gblews, it links to a mobile version of TMZ, which makes enormous, blurry pictures that can't be viewed easily due to their odd format. Here's a link for those of us on desktops/laptops: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...e-fishburne-mixup-don-alike-article-1.1608899

Anyhoo, Samuel Jackson did seem annoyed, though he obviously had fun with it, and Sam Rubin did appear appropriately, and rightfully, embarrassed. No harm done, though I am very sure that next time, Rubin will be absolutely certain of his interviewee's credentials.

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Here's another LINK.

SLJ seemed a bit "annoyed".... maybe. But more clearly having fun with it and being SLJ about it.

7. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

SLJ rules. I'm sure he already had dozens of the same interviews about Robocop and found an excuse to break the monotony. Too bad he didn't drop a M*****F'er on Rubin.

8. gblews

Thanks the assist with the link guys. I posted from my phone and didn't realize that that would make a difference.

I think there's a little bit of "they all look alike" going on here. SLJ actually says it at one point and then mentions something about "black movie stars" all looking alike (or something like that).

The bigger issue though is Sam Rubin, an entertainment reporter, either not knowing the identity of the actor playing one of the most iconic movie roles ever, or perhaps Rubin wasn't familiar with The Matrix. Either way, the gaff was inexcusable and made Rubin look look ridiculous. And Rubin's staff was apparentely equally ignorant. What I loved about what SLJ did was that he wouldn't allow Rubin to brush it off and move on when he wanted too. When SLJ said, "You're the entertainment reporter?", I laughed out loud.

9. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

There are a lot of stupid rumors that Jenner is heading toward SRS, but they probably aren't true. Even if they were, the way the tabloids play it as such a scandal is pretty disgusting. Gender transition isn't a shameful secret, but apparently Hollyweird didn't get the memo.

10. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt