X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

It's a very interesting story, future boy, but there's just one little thing that doesn't make sense... If the Logan of the future is now in the past, wouldn't he have gray hair?:vulcan:

2. Booji

this is one thing I would like to see purged from the movie X timeline. Sabretooth in X1 was nothing but a braindead baboon. I much preferred the Origins version of Creed.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

My personal explanation for this is that Magneto's mutant-making machine from X1 had some adverse effects on Creed, which is why he looks and acts the way he does in that movie.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@flavaflav...not if he's somehow inhabiting past Logan's body ;)

5. Nagisa Furukawa

Nagisa Furukawa Commander Red Shirt

I always thought Origins going out of its way to never say Sabretooth and only call him Creed was to say, without saying, that the two characters in the film verse are two completely different mutants.

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, to even see her called "Emma Frost" you have to watch the trailers, because in the movie she isn't called that. I'm sure she was intended to be Emma Frost originally, but I think the "official" story is now that she was just Kayla's sister Emma who was not Emma Frost. This was said by Lauren Shuler Donner IIRC, and it implies that they see FC and Origins as in some sense being in the same continuity if they felt the need to clarify that at all.

For whatever reason, FC simply wasn't very careful in maintaining consistency with the previous films, including X3 and the first film. By the above logic that means those films are also "pretty much non canon". We know, however, that both The Wolverine and DOFP are intended to be in continuity with X3, despite the fact that FC appeared to contradict it.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I like this explanation.

Let's run with it.

8. Booji

I actually had a similar thought with the time travel thing, but with different characters. I was figuring Kitty goes back, like the comics, but jumps into Mystique's body instead.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's possible they've altered the storyline for the film...and really it was just pure speculation on my part. This is going to be truly fascinating to see pulled off.

10. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

It could go either way, but I personally just pretend Origins didn't happen. Removing it from existence doesn't cause any continuity problems, and fixes the Sabertooth thing (to be clear I wish X1 Sabertooth had been more of a character than a lacky in X1, but if you have to fix stuff then it would be Origins version that doesn't fit). As for Emma, that sounds like retcon that happened after Origins came out. She was obviously supposed to be Emma Frost. I'm not inclined to give Origins any slack, although I'll admnit you can remove Emma as an issue becuas ethey don't use the name frost in the movie, and her sister doesn't work with the character anyway.

Also, wasn't Xavier walking in Origins, but he'll be in a wheel chair in DOFP? Although, to be fair, he's gone from wheelchair bound to walking several times in the comics, so you could just say at one point he got better, than lost the ability to walk again sometime after Origins. Still, there is really no reason to accept the movies major flaws (and the fact that it just sucks) since even the people in charge seem to realise it sucks. Since it can be completely ignored and cause absolutely no problems with X1-3 and FC, personally I intend to ignore it, and I doubt it will get referenced in any more X-movies, or even the new wolverine movie. Maybe similar events, but I doubt screwed up Deadpool will be brought up, or magic bullets. I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if they keep making X-Movies without a reboot, if Gambit just shows up either in FC or a Wolverine movie in a way that completely ignores his appearance in Origins. I'm not saying parts wouldn't fit, I just don't think the X-movie makers will be using Origins or achknowledging it in future stuff.

11. Set Harth

I did say that.

He has the bone claws in The Wolverine, does that count?

12. kirk55555

Well, wikipedia says The Wolverine takes place after X3, so if he has bone claws its probably something that gets done to him at the beginning of the movie. I'm not really paying attention to that movie, since Wolverine in Japan isn't something I'm a huge fan of, but I'm pretty sure it will end up being better than Origins.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

There is a flashback scene in the movie where he saves the man who wants to save him from what looks like a type of POW camp. This would be pre-Alkali lake in the late 70's events of Origins. So in those flashbacks for The Wolverine, he'd have bone claws.

14. Set Harth

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The pain of the bone claws coming out was ridiculous.

Which is why his body had never sensibly through to do that for his first 200 years on this planet... Since he was traumatized as a boy.

Metal claws = Training claws.

Intermediate training pain in preparation of the real pain you get from popping bone claws.

16. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

:wtf:

Huh?

17. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The teaser segment of THE WOLVERINE will (beware of potential SPOILERS: )

---- SPOILER ----

take place in 1945. Logan is a prisoner of war in a Japanese camp, somewhere close to either Hiroshima or Nagasaki. When an a-bomb explodes, he saves a Japanese soldier. This soldier will eventually become head of the Yakuza family, and will later feel obliged to repay Logan, before he dies. The film then jumps to the present (or the not too distant future) where Logan is tracked down and brought to Japan, before Yashida dies. The starting point of the actual plot.

---- END OF POSSIBLE SPOILERS ----

Parts of the film will indeed take place BEFORE X-MEN ORIGINS WOLVERINE. That's the part, where they will feature his bone claws.

THE WOLVERINE is my TOP movie this summer, I have been waiting for this since 2009... Cannot wait to see it.

18. kirk55555

:wtf:

While I don't think the exact year is known, he was probably born in the 1880s or 1890s. So, Wolverine is probably only around 120, not 200 by The Wolverine. Besides that, I'm not quite sure what your post was about, although if he hadn't been using his claws before the adimantiukm )and he was using the bone claws from what I've seen) the pain could be a reason he didn't use them regularly, but in the movie universe I'm pretty sure, even ignoring Origins, he was using his claws before they were metal. Witht he comics I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Didn't we see him fighting in the Civil War? That would put his birth waaaaay before the 1880s.

ETA: The Marvel Movie Wiki places his birth in 1832.

20. kirk55555

I stand corrected, then. In the comics its definately 1880's/1890's (and I checked up on that just now) so I assumed it would be that way in the movies (even though I've watched all of them, I don't remember any civil war stuff with him, even in small scenes). I think its kind of stupid to put him that far back, but it doesn't surprise me that they did that.