ST3 Reportedly Being Filmed in Vancouver in 2016

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jbohn, Oct 22, 2014.

1. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did they swear an oath when they said that? Plans change, beyond the actors' control. Not saying this rumor has any basis, but what they actors claim is rather meaningless.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The claim that Paramount released everyone "on standby" to work on ST3 is completely false; John Eaves announced on Facebook awhile ago that he and Ryan Church had begun work on the next Trek movie. Also, the claim that the new movie script was based on Planet of the Titans is extremely unlikely - the plot doesn't sound anything like the basis of an action movie Trek.

This guy has previously made some bizarre claims, like the Kelvin-derived ships in ST'09 and ID being artifacts of a previous cancelled TV series, despite concept art being readily available online detailing their design evolution.

Just for fun, though, here's more...
    Star Trek is the #5 best selling Bluray, ever. Right behind The Avengers. Not commercially successful? Into Darkness is #31 on all-time Bluray, and the #3 digital download of 2013 http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/14/entertainment/la-et-ct-2103-top-ten-digital-movies-20140214
    http://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart
    Two new TV series, and TV movies based on Prime Trek? I bet one of them is Captain Worf.
    Back in PRIME business! Because in-universe timelines and continuity are what CBS really cares about most of all, right?

3. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Who exactly is the drooling gibbon spewing this drivel? And how swiftly will he crawl back into his basement when the first production photos leak onto the Internet from Vancouver? Sheesh.

4. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I hope it's not delayed. A CBS TV project would be nice though. Hopefully there will be official word around Christmastime?

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Does that group now have a section which is closed to non-members? I'm not finding this comment by Para Mobius or any of the subsequent ones you've quoted yesterday and today. Or am I just looking at the wrong FB group?

6. F. King Daniel

He'll probably just vanish and invent another pseudonym.
    He claims CBS will officially announce new prime-verse Trek on January 1st, once their no-compete clause with Bad Robot (if there is such a thing) expires.
    Here's the link. I'm not a member, I just had a look.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I see what I was doing. I was looking for a separate thread posted by Para Mobius and skipping over the one posted by startrekrcks/Lauren Pollock, when I should have been looking for his replies to that thread. He's something, isn't he?

8. Danlav05

Jan 1st? Just over a month to find out lol

Well we know Michael Dorn is waiting for the Captain Worf green light and Star Trek: Renegades film is in post and will be pitched as a pilot.

I still take all the Facebook stuff with a pinch of salt but it would be bad to have pretty much nothing in 2016, look at 2006!

9. F. King Daniel

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  10. NuFan

NuFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

When Bob Orci talked to CBS about doing a series, he had the blessing of JJ. That's because there are no secret deals of any kind that are preventing a series. CBS is just not interested.

Trekkies should pay attention instead of concocting hate theories. And they should have bought TNG.

11. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

12. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Crazy people on the internet?

Preposterous.

13. F. King Daniel

Holy shit, Para Mobius was right. I guess I owe an apology. That guy has connections.

That being said, the aborted ST3 synopsis sounds nothing like Planet of the Titans. I guess if the rest is true, it means we have 2 new Trek series' coming from CBS, which is apparently staffed with frothing-at-the-mouth AbramsTrek haters.

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Eh. I wouldn't count on it just yet. He may have had this one nugget of information correct, but that doesn't mean he didn't embellish it with wish fulfillment and nonsense. Wouldn't be the first time that kind of thing has happened.

Though I personally would be delighted if this were true. I'd love to see Trek back on TV (or a TV-like format) again.

15. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I don't really get the sense that CBS is that interested in a new Trek series.

And if it does happen, I also don't know why a lot of the nuTrek haters believe that CBS is going to ride in on a white horse and "restore the Prime universe" - I'd bet on a clean reboot of the original series before a Prime-continuation show.

16. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Exactly so.

OldTrek fans hope for the ridiculous, in regard to the future of the franchise, because otherwise they've got nothing.

17. Danlav05

I hope the project can be revived with a new experienced director.

The story sounds ok but as well as fans you have to cater to mainstream movie goers. The situation with Star Trek is weirdly reminiscent of Doctor Who - the last season is quite good following a lag; there is no series but a movie does well for itself; people want a series but the rights are tied up in movies.

Jj is making the movie franchise he grew up with now; so maybe Bad Robot could leave Star Trek? If CBS even want to do specials for the golden anniversary they should if the 13th movie can't be done in time.

Granted a film in 2016 would be nice. Hope Shats still in it (lol we did that in 2007/08 and again there was the 'will the classic Doctors be in it' for the Who 50th)

18. F. King Daniel

This is the most self-congratulatory post I have ever read. On any subject. Ever.

19. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

And I thought I was paranoid.

20. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

This made me lol:

If that's the case, why is there still disagreement where the friggin engine room was on the orignal Enterprise?

And Rodenberry was the first to bail on Trek when he thought there was no more money or casting couch benefits available.