Which novel or series have you re-read the most?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

I'm always reading something new, so it's rare that I re-read any Star Trek novels (although I do read them all at least once). I believe this is an exhaustive list of novels I have read twice:

• TNG: The Devil's Heart
    • TNG: Q-Squared
    • TNG: Metamorphosis
    • New Frontier 1-4
    • Spectre (Shatnerverse)
    • VGR: String Theory #1
    • Vanguard #1: Harbinger
    Although, I did re-read every eBook when it was reprinted in dead-tree form (SCE and Mere Anarchy). So maybe that is quite a lot.

2. toughlittleship

toughlittleship Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Warpath. I still don't really understand Kira's visions though, but have tried a lot, given that it seems to all be allusions to the Ascendant invasion we haven't seen as of yet. Is the Parek Tonn fortress supposed to represent Deep Space 9 or the wormhole? Are the animals the Bajora use supposed to represent runabouts, as they are anagrams of runabout names?

3. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

I always assumed Parek Tonn represented DS9, as I believe there's mention of it being Kira's own fortress taken from her, but you might easily substitute it for the wormhole and it would fit all the same. The runabout names don't really contribute anything in particular, but it was a nice touch...

As for re-reading, while we're on the subject... the DS9 Relaunch. At least 4 or 5 times for the books up to Mission Gamma - it's becoming a struggle to keep the spines looking nice on the shelf. Outside of DS9, at least 3 times or more:
    • Articles of the Federation
    • Titan: Orion's Hounds
    • New Earth: Wagon Train to the Stars, and Challenger
    • The final 3 volumes of A Time to ...

Outside of Trek... I re-read the Wheel of Time series in preparation for the last volume, which took me the better part of last year, lol.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

The only Trek novel I've read more than once was Federation.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

The New Frontier book series.

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Uhura's Song and re-readThe Good That men do I've read that Enterprise novel several times .Also Favorite son from the ds9 relaunch.

7. Keturah

Keturah Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I've read Imzadi at least half a dozen times, and Q-in-Law almost as often.

I've read Destiny twice, as well as most of the NF series. I've also gone back and read some of the TNG relaunch twice, because I read them in a random order the first time.

There are a few other number TNG books that I've read more than once. For some of them it's been almost 20 years since the first time, so I'm sure I'd enjoy them just as much again!

8. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

The Romulan Way.

9. Reanok

I've re-read The Invasion miniseries and the Lost years saga .L.A.Graffs novels Death count I,IceTrap and Firestorm.Also the TNG/Ds9 Dominion crossover stories that takes place during Ds9 sixth season.Also A.C.Crispin's novels Yesterday's son. Time for yesterday and Sarek.

10. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I've re-read plenty of the New Frontier series...particularly the first four mini-books. I also re-read the first four VOY-R books in preparation for Kirsten M.F. Beyer's Full Circle and subsequent VOY-R books. Not really necessary, but worth it none the less. I've also re-read KRAD's A Time to... book, Articles of the Federation, and A Singular Destiny each once.

11. Silvphoenix47

Silvphoenix47 Ensign Newbie

The most Star Trek novel I have read is The Return by William Shatner:techman:, it is in my top 10 list next to Destiny triology, and the Typhon Pact duology by David R. GeorgeIII, and Star Trek Voyager: Full Circle.

Even though Star Trek:The Return was not exactly canon with normal trek time line i've always wished this book was made into a movie. It is one of my top favorite star trek reads.

12. RonG

RonG Captain Captain

for me it's basically novels by Mack, KRAD and PAD (with Spock's World, Immortal Coil and Prime Directive thrown in for good measure..)

13. Spocky8492

Spocky8492 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm still trying to read all the relauch Star Trek books for the first time. And I have so much novels to catch up that I don't have time to re-read. But your answers are very interesting because usually books that you re-read a lot are very good books. So I note some books from your lists :techman:

14. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

Thanks!

15. Husnock1

Husnock1 Cadet Newbie

The Rift, Q-Squared, Imzadi... I just finished rereading The Q Continuum. Federation is good to go back to, also...
    ---^^^"< 1

16. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So far I've never read a Trek novel more than twice. I've re-read the TNG and DS9 relaunches in order to refresh my memory after a long gap in publishing so that I'd have the events fresh in my mind when a new novel was finally released (I remember specifically doing this when Fearful Symmetry was finally coming out after such a long delay).

I am sure at some point I will go back and re-read them again. Destiny is certainly the kind of story that I could enjoy revisiting every few years. I'll probably go back through and re-read the whole of Vanguard at some point, as well as the Kirsten Beyer-penned VOY series.

17. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I've read The Vulcan Academy Murders by Jean Lorrah the most, at least a dozen times. Next would be Yesterday's Son and Time for Yesterday by A C Crispin; and of course Spock's World by Diane Duane.

18. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Q-Squared.

I re-read it so many times over a few months that my library wouldn't let me re-borrow it any more. Then when I bought a copy, I re-read that many more times over the years.

I got quite a bit out of all those re-reads, since I wasn't too familiar with Star Trek when I first read it. My increasing knowledge helped me pick up on more of the episode references each time.

It's still my favourite Trek book.

19. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I used to re-read Star Trek novels quite a lot until several years ago, when I started buying more new (to me) books. Now, I mostly read stuff I haven't read yet, with the exception of some New Frontier books. I've read the first five or six of them three or four times, because I would start the series and then just never get around to buying the next books in the series. But within the past year I've actually been making decent progress on moving along.

20. Reanok

I've reread Micheal Jan Friedman's Reunion novel and Una McCormacks ds9 novels Hollow Men and her novel about Cardassia.Q-in law that book has some great scenes in it.LXwana getting even with Q is my favorite part of the book.:rommie: