Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

We'll revisit the subject of Dr. Franklin's love life after you've seen the rest of the series. ;)

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Why? Is he the Geordi of Babylon 5?

:lol:

3. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

In a way he is but he is much better written than Geordi.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I just watched the first episode written by Peter David. That final line from Delenn was just creepy.

And, as if it weren't icky enough, it made me wonder where else she may have grown hair.

And then that led to wonderin' what it would have looked like before she went into the cocoon. Was there a funky blue arrow there, too? Is there still a ridge 'round it?

:eek: :wtf: :eek:

5. Neroon

The previous post was brought to you by station WTMI - the Waaaaaay Too Much Information station. :eek:

Actually, that scene as humorous as it was underscores the extent to which Delenn has been transformed. It isn't just her outward appearance that has been altered.

6. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, ya know, I've had quite a bit of time on my hands lately...

...this is the sort of thing that happens when that happens.

7. Neroon

Well... at least you're not Centauri. :devil:

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I don't know about that. Most of the time, like Geordi, he sits there as Mr. Exposition, or Mr. Quickly Advance the plot, but he rarely gets developed as a character. His subplot in season three mostly worked, and I liked what he had to do in season four, but other that I think he was the character JMS had the weakest grasp on.

And yet, like Levar Burton, Richard Biggs manages to create a character that's extremely memorable despite being thinly developed through shear force of personality. I think, in that respect, they're very similar, though I think Franklin had slightly better development than Geordi in the end.

9. Neroon

Trouble is that Geordi was memorable half for having half of his lines consisting of vintage Treknobabble. The other half came from being "the character with the VISOR"

10. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Nah...let's at LEAST wait until he is familiar with Lord Refa. :lol:

11. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Alright, I have another random comment!

I do not like the recastin' of Na'Toth from the first season to the second. The two actresses may look like the same character, thanks to heavy make-up & costumin', but they don't sound alike at all.

I preferred the actress they had for the first season, and it seems like they aren't usin' Mary Kay Adams nearly as much in the second.

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    After two or three episodes, they don't use Mary Kay Adams at all. Na'Toth just fades out of the picture.

Some resolution will be brought for the character WAY down the road, but I'll say no more.

13. Neroon

Therein lies a tale that Jan is probably better qualified to tell. Suffice it to say that everyone prefers Julie Caitlin Brown's version of Na'toth. When Mary Kay didn't see fit to portray the character the way jms wanted it done .....

That's not to say Mary Kay isn't a good actress in her own right. And she's a blast to hang with.

14. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Causal relationship.

15. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm watchin' 'The Coming of Shadows', and G'Kar mentionin' Na'Toth in his "farewell" message reminded me that I didn't like her anymore.

16. Neroon

Just wipe the version with Mary Kay from your mind and only recall the JCB version. You are now watching the first of the Hugo-winning episodes... and it damned well deserved it.

17. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was a pretty good episode, though I gotta say, Sinclair looked older than he should, only bein' gone for a year & all.

I liked the age make-up done for Mollari & G'Kar, too.

18. Neroon

Let's just say that he's been through quite a lot, that the age lines are well-earned.

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yes, read To Dream in the City of Sorrows if you want to know what Sinclair's been through (but only after seeing Grey 17 is Missing).

20. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

I hate to disagree, but I must. I wouldn't bother even visiting The Lurker's Guide at all - at least your first run through (I visit the site on average several times a week, so its not that I don't love the site).

It's just that your first run through you should enjoy the show for what it is, and it is amazing. Then as you watch it a second, third, or eleventy-seventh time through, Lurker's really adds something special.

Remember, it's the journey...