Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Cool. I haven't cracked open the second season yet, so I didn't know if that was just a first season bonus or not.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

"On the next Babylon Fiiiiiiiiiiive"

Got to love it. Didn't have any trailers on the movie boxset or Crusade, though. A shame. And nothing on the LOTR DVD, except the movie and some of those amazing interactive menus and scene selections.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Wouldn't it be utterly cool to rip and meld all of the episode trailers together into one clip? Sure, it'd be an hour long, but still .....

4. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

don't even get me started on the arm :mad: :mad: :mad:

why couldn't they give the dress right, damn it?!?!?!?

although, i'd be careful about watching the promos in season 5. they are basically cliff-notes for the whole episode - they give everything away...

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Well, it'll be awhile before I have to worry about that - I just cracked the second season open this mornin', and have 'Revelations' playin' now.

6. Neroon

You're about a season and a half away from getting back to "The Arm" and its explanation. In the mean time, have you had a chance to check out that website I mentioned earlier: The Lurker's Guide To Babylon 5 ?

7. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Nah, I don't want too many spoilers, so I'm just goin' episode at a time. I know some stuff, and don't really want to go lookin' at websites that might tell me too much.

Still think that arm was Delenn's - she & Sinclair had something goin' on durin' the first season, and may have even gotten married durin' that Minbari ceremony.

8. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Lurker's is organized so that the information on each episode is only relevant to episodes up to that point. You shouldn't have trouble avoiding spoilers.

9. Neroon

Trust the Lindley, for he speaketh the truth. :thumbsup:

What he says about Lurker's is one of its best points. You can work your way through the episodes you've seen without risking finding out something you have yet to see.

10. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

^ Well, weren't those comments by JMS written as the show was really in progress during first run?

That in itself would make them spoiler-free. I mean, JMS wasn't gonna spoil his own show! :lol:

11. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

He also answers questions on an ep. by ep. basis so it's a pretty informative site all the way around.

12. PKTrekGirl

^ Yep. I've been going to that site for years!

I can't recall if I read it during my first run through B5 as that was several years ago now. But I have often used that site since, and whenever I do I love reading JMS' comments because they feel so 'real time' to when the show was actually being aired for the first time.

13. Neroon

As regards the concept of spoiling on this show, there is a special reference list of episodes that is particularly helpful. It has those episodes fans refer to was "WHAM!" episodes in bold print. These are those which advance the overall story arc particularly so.

14. PKTrekGirl

^ Hey! Nifty list! I don't think I've ever paid any attention to that in the past. I usually go directly to the episode commentary at that site.

Nice!

But it must have been difficult to choose the WHAM! episodes....I mean, most post-season 1 episodes have at least one majorly significant item occur in it that people need to see....

15. Neroon

You will always have some degree of variance on how much impact is in an individual episode before it gets to "WHAM" status.

Should we tell him about the Narn Bat Squad yet? :D

16. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Hey, cool, Dwight Shultz guest starred in an episode.

[​IMG]

*goes back to watchin' 'The Long Dark'*

17. Neroon

Not only that but did you recognize who else guest-starred in that episode? Or did you ever watch "In the Heat of the Night"? ;)

18. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I recognized Anne-Marie Johnson, but I saw her in What's Happening Now before I saw her in In the Heat of the Night.

:)

19. Neroon

Shall we then agree that Dr. Franklin had most excellent taste? :D

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

Good taste, but bad fuckin' timin'. For cryin' out loud, to her, the husband just died!