Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by 1001001, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ElaysianInvasion

ElaysianInvasion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's been a lot of good Trek written in the last 5 years or so.

Titan Series <= PAZLAR! W00T!
    SCE series
    Gorkon Series was good too

2. FoamQueen

FoamQueen Ensign

I have all of the pre-relaunch novels, many of them first-editions.

Aside from Vanguard and the SCE books I haven't had time to dig into the Relaunch ones too much.

Oh, and I read Engines Of Destiny, just finished that this morning. A great WTF?!-type story with some crunchy bits that might get borrowed for a RPG session some time down the road.

But hey, enough about me. Bring on the next nOOb. :D

3. Hiroki_Ishiyama

Hiroki_Ishiyama Ensign Newbie

My name is hiroki. I am a programmer in the us. I am currently developing a facilities managment system based on the lcars paradyne. I have been a fan of st since about 6 years old. I am hoping that this system I am devloping shall become popular. I would like to see a hotel or some shuch use it at some time.

4. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a graphic design major, and a (soon to be Microsoft Certified) PC technician.

5. Llama_2

Llama_2 Ensign Newbie

I'm baaaack

for those of you who don't remember me I posted quite a bit earlier this year, but my account was lost in the latest re-vamp of the board.

so now Llama has been reborn as Llama_2

I'm now entering the final part of my PhD in evolutionary genetics - the dreaded writing up!

my scholarship has finished and with it so has my rent, so I'm moving back home, interstate, to mooch of my parents while I write up. at least my mother is happy about this....

6. flcat

flcat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Started out as pre-med...ended up getting my BS in Telecom. Also have a MA in Communication. Fascinated by technology and life-sciences. On the fence as far as Evolution/ID debate goes.

Trek watcher since TOS.

Loved TOS
    Liked TNG
    Kinda Meh toward DS9
    Didn't like VOY
    Disappointed by ENT

7. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Guess I should join in, I am new here too.
    I am 23 and live in Brooklyn (where it is finally cooling off!). Star Trek TNG premiered when I was five, and my father (an avid trekker) had me hooked from the get-go. The show filled my head with wonderful words and phrases like "particle accelorator" and "antimatter" (I was so dissapointed when I learned the true nature of antimatter, it had sounded so mysterious and magical when I was a kid!). Likely I owe my passion for physics to Star Trek.
    Let's see . . .
    I have a Bachelor of Science in Education and am hoping to go for a Master's in Teaching Science within the next year or two. It is my goal to make my third-graders as passionate about physics as I was at their age!

8. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Welcome aboard, both of you!

:thumbsup:

9. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Resurrecting old pinned threads is fun...

Anyways I'm Mike, and I have no degrees. I just like to look at pretty things.

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Re: Allow Me to Introduce...Myself

Heh, I forgot about this thread.

Okay, I figured I update my introduction. I now have a Bachelor's Degree in Physics & Astronomy, I'm currently in panic mood, with no idea what to do with my life, and I'm still thinking about planning for the Peace Corps.

Okay, it wasn't much of an update, so sue me. :p

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey all

I'm just an SF nut following a link from someones sig on the SFX forums

12. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

Well, ahm, [​IMG] jstarbuck.

Whereever you came from, welcome to our crazy site.
    And remember: Don't let the moderators bite!

_dane

13. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Well, at least you're sticking with your stated plans! That's got to count for something...

Congrats on graduating!

14. student

student Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello, I'm a grad student of architecture in Portland, OR (USA). I couldn't say I'm a tech or sci-fi nut, but I have a general interest. I should be more of a spectator since my knowledge of the topics discussed here is extremely limited :) but I'll try to participate without making my ignorance too obvious ;)

15. trekkiedane

[​IMG] student!

If ever you find that you are ignored because of this lack of knowledge you speak of -come visit us in the ignoreds thread in Miscellaneous!

_dane

16. ezridax19

ezridax19 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi everyone!

I'm 27 and live in the greatest city in the US - Boston :)
    I work in the computer industry and have always had a passion for science.

17. trekkiedane

[​IMG] Hi ezridax19, and welcome to the madhouse! [​IMG]

_dane

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Represent! Born in Boston, raised in the 'burbs, and went to college there too (well, Cambridge, technically, but it's all pretty much the same :)).

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm Brent, 26, live in Texas, I've been a member of this forum for quite a while, I love this new forum topic here. Finally, a dedicated place for discussing science and technology, which I LOVE.

I have no degrees to speak of, but I have high interest. I actually do have a MS cert. My career and specialty is in computers. Specifically hardware and more specifically video cards and games. However, I have varied knowledge in all aspects of computers. I am currently pursuing a degree in game development. So if any computer questions come up I can help, consider me an "enthusiast".

I also have a great passion for the wonders of space and what might be out there. Therefore I love anything that deals with astronomy. I hope to take as many astronomy classes as I can while in college. I will mention though I do not believe in Evolution; I do believe in Creationism.

I also have a passion for technology, I love living the era we live in now, so many new wonders are coming about so fast. Flat screens, LCDs, portable multimedia devices, cell phones, the whole thing is just great, I love it. New and high-tech technology makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

20. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

Welcome aboard, Brent! :)