*~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 12, 2009.

1. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Hehe, I totally agree with Belle... I better not tell you my age difference with my hubby, crohnie, at least not until you take a seat :lol: Although it's totally natural for him and me.

Tachyon, I have missed your last awesome fiddle. :eek: What a wicked fantasy you have to use such a pic! :eek: :techman:

2. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks es!

3. Cheile

Cheile Ensign Red Shirt

boo! :D

PK girl i'm gonna pout at you for not liking O/K! ;) what's creepy about it? LOL.

4. Gorf

Gorf Commander Red Shirt

Ok...who the hell is...O/K?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :)

5. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ I think it's Odo/Kira. I wondered, too, so I went back a few pages, looking at PK's posts.

6. Gorf

Gorf Commander Red Shirt

Oh ok - thanks!

7. Cheile

Cheile Ensign Red Shirt

^ yea PK and i got into a discussion of other pairings we like...sorry to distract, haha.

8. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

9. Tachyon

Thanks for the link kimc. I'm gonna check the fic out as soon as I find some energy and patience to sit down and read. :)

10. Tachyon

My latest J/C fiddle "Cheers". :p

[​IMG]

11. Tachyon

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  12. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Didn't you find that to be heartbreaking? It's exactly what I thought would happen in that book. We'll get everything we've always wanted, but it will end in heartbreak.:(

13. Tachyon

No! Not at all. In fact, I'm super excited! Why would my heart break when I know she's gonna die? If anything, those few pages hinted that something had happened year before that Venice setting between J/C and I am definitely looking forward to know what it is. :D

I also have a hunch that the lost of Janeway and how the crew is going to feel about it is going to be beautifully written.

This book will sell like hot cakes. :cool:

14. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, I'm glad your happy about it then. It's just not my thing. I knew there would be a lot of J/C in it and I suspected it even more when Kirsten Beyer recommended reading Isabo's Shirt prior to Full Circle, but it still bothers me.

15. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Excuse me for being rude but shouldn't all fans of Janeway boycott that book? After all, it does confirm the annihilation of the character.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Death becomes her.

17. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

What happens in the books doesn't count until it makes it to screen. :shifty:

18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Meh, more J/C baiting... No thanks.

Thank goodness for that! :)

19. neogothboy74

neogothboy74 Commander Red Shirt

I'm not as big a Voyager fan as some. I felt it squandered too many opportunities. But something I loved about the early seasons of the show was the Janeway / Chakotay relationship. It sparked from the beginning. And it continued to spark long after the writers seemed to do everything in their power to kill it. That's one of my big complaints; Voyager contradicts itself. For fans with a fairly good memory it's extremely annoying. And it pains me that the J/C relationship, which was written (and performed) so well throughout the early episodes, was jettisoned...only to be replaced in the final episodes by the disturbing Chakotay / Seven "relationship". I know it's not logical, per say, but the writers portrayed J/C as the parents of the crew - and then they definitely portrayed Janeway as a mother figure to Seven - so I just got this horrible incest vibe from C/7 - and it felt like a betrayal of Janeway by both C & 7. Which is odd to me, because I've read some hot J/7 stories in which I don't experience that at all. lol

20. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

I've said before (and will again) that the subtlety and non-consummation of J/C is what made it work and made it interesting, because of all the command chain stuff I've mentioned before.

And C/7 still sucks. :D