Fringe 5x11 - "The Boy Must Live" (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Procutus, Jan 11, 2013.

?

Grade 'The Boy Must Live'

1. Excellent - Fringe at its best

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Very Good

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Good

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Average

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Bad

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Really Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Terrible Beyond Words

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Have to agree with both you and Darth Pipes on this, that is indeed a bit of a conundrum. It's the same damn thing that bugged me when Peter went into the machine and created the bridge between the universes. If that action caused Peter to never have existed, then how in the bloody name of Hell could the machine have been activated, since it was keyed to Peter, and ONLY Peter.

I suppose this is one of those things we're not supposed to think too hard about.

:rolleyes:

2. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Has it been explained why the Observers invaded in the first place? What did they hope to achieve by invading the past?

Has it also been addressed why all the observers are male? I get that they now reproduce in gestation chambers but in their purge of emotions did they simply do away with women? I don't think that we saw any in 2609.

3. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe it's that they wrecked Earth beyond repair.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah this is why I don't like season 5, just feels liek the writers went "Shit, we need to impress Fox to get a fifth season, let's make Observers badguys and invade".

They haven't explained shit. If they wrecked their planet so badly in the future, then why come back just to wreck it sooner? Makes no sense.

The thinknig on no women is probably as lame as...

Women = Emotional
    Emotion = Bad
    Women = Bad

:rolleyes:

I was hoping they would explore the whys of everything in this season, they haven't at all, so I'll just be happy with the other universe showing up again.

5. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

pretty mediocre esp for the penultimate episode and the whole observer arc makes very little sense.

kinda reminds me of how x files wrapped up. In fact only ds9 had a good final season and satisfying finale and tng and nbsg had weak final seasons but excellent finales.