Lt Riley Action Figure

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Komack, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Komack

Komack Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I know that this is a long shot, but I figured that if there is an answer I can find it at this website. My 10 year old son's favorite character on Star Trek is Lt. Riley. He really wants a Lt. Riley action figure to add to his collection. I told him that I doubted that such an action figure had every been made, but decided to post the question to the BBS.

I'll take you home again Kathleen:).....

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

T'Bonz just had a Cubify figurine made of herself. I'll bet they could make a Riley. But they might not do it because actors' likenesses have to be licensed.

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

He's never had a licensed figure. You'd have to commission a customized one.

4. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Can I just demonstrate why I'm the worst mother in the world.

A lot of action figures don't look anything like the character. Could you get a really bad Chekov figure, substitute a Sulu shirt and say its Riley?
    You know unless you want to be a role model to your child or something like that. LOL.

You could also tell them you are making a Riley figure for them. He might like you putting in the effort.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

The key to a really great custom figure is to find an action figure head that already has an uncanny resemblance to the actor you need. I've made a Dr Selar from a K'Ehleyr figure, who, of course, looks like Suzie Plakson (second from left).

[​IMG]
    Star Trek customized action figures by Therin of Andor, on Flickr