Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maul kills Luke Skywalker!!! How else will he become a force ghost? :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But Ventress' story arc in TCW has taken her in a different direction of late. She's even trying to get pardoned. Wouldn't it be convoluted to have her go back to "evil" status in the end?

3. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

i kinda like Barriss Offee. Too bad she might turn out to be a fallen jedi.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I found it hard to believe that in exchange for telling her the address of an abandoned warehouse, Ahsoka expected to get Ventress off for mass murder of civilians, killing several Jedi, torture, kidnapping, theft, and conspiring with the enemy.

5. ALF

It's because Ahsoka is being forced into putting herself into that kind of a position for the first time in her life.

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think so. Similar to her last comics arc, Ventress is in a gray area so far on the show. She could go either way. There are strains of goodness in her but there is still the darkness too. A Ventress who has struggled between the light and dark and eventually chosen the dark could be a very dangerous villain indeed.

7. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

I see Ashoka running off with Ventress to form a highly successful Thelma and Louise inspired bounty hunter buddy team spin-off cartoon, novel, comic and or video game.

Or something like that.

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

10. ALF

LOL @ "Barriss is the [sic] trader"

I do like where it is going, though. If Ahsoka and Anakin are effectively separated and then there is another several months or even a year before Episode III starts, we could see how Anakin would be "out of sight out of mind" with Ahsoka. He obviously has his hands full as the Clone Wars ends!

Plus, we'll get to see the effects of Anakin and Ahsoka as they grow apart from each other... and I'd be genuinely curious how Ahsoka handles exile... who knows? Maybe she does "go dark" and ends up a bounty hunter or something.

With each passing episode I become...
    a) more convinced
    b) more stoked
    ...that she'll be in the sequel trilogy. I don't think it's fanwank... I think properly casted, Ahsoka would be an excellent character. Maybe we'll even get to see her interact with force-ghost-Anakin.

I guess we are likely to get a season six and likely not to get a season seven? Sure wish DisneyTV could confirm that they are airing the next season.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  11. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

12. EnsignRicky

Yeah but seeing that it premieres around same time as the 3-D films, that promo might not be up to the minute.

And then there's Detours.

My guess is there will definitely be a sixth and probably final season of Clone Wars, then the move will be on to OT era storytelling in support of the new trilogy.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not sure what make of the spoilers there. It could happen, but I don't know....

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That might be interesting. Would Mark Hamill be willing to play Luke again, I wonder? He's certainly a very successful voice actor, but I wonder how he'd feel about returning to that role -- which, frankly, is one of his lesser accomplishments as an actor.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

But they cancelled the AOTC and ROTS 3-d re-releases...

16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

And they don't put out 22 episodes between July and December...

17. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could if they aired almost every week without many breaks.

18. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maul needs to die (again) in the Clone Wars series. That would make the most sense thematically.

19. ALF

Absolutely. Whatever they have planned for them, they shouldn't assume that the core film audience is out watching all of the Clone Wars episodes.

For consistency Obi Wan must kill Maul "again." Otherwise there is so much material set in stone out there that would suddenly become incorrect (i.e. Q: Star Wars trivia game: Who killed Darth Maul?)

However I hope they take their time correcting this. After the four partner this year I'm convinced bringing Maul back from the dead was a stroke of genius. Perhaps we'll even learn how he was able to keep alive. Being cut in half is not something most bipeds should be able to... ahem... 'walk away from.'

20. EnsignRicky

The question is, will they roll Maul back out next season and give him final closure, or will they keep him on ice for use in some future media project somewhere down the timeline.

My guess is that Darth Maul makes for a great poster child, and that's something that Lucasfilm/Disney is not going to want to squander. Especially after all the hoopla of bringing him back in the first place.