What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That would be EA's fault, as their first attempt to do it (i.e. Medal of Honor) failed miserably and they're stubbornly, misguidedly trying to get a piece of that CoD pie.

Agreed on all of your points, though, BF singleplayer could be a great (in a Bethesda -like open world, semi-broken-but-in-a-good-way fashion) experience.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That sounds fun. I miss quality single player campaigns in FPS games.

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Battlefield is a much better oppertunity to be open world, having multiple objectives on a single map, using transport, destructibility, weapon availabilty etc for it.

They might even choose to do that for BF5 in 2016 but I'm not that hopeful. If Flashpoint wasn't too old to run on my laptop I'd be playing it still.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Finished Infamous Second Son. First big game in ages I really got stuck in to.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Just beat all three Uncharted games in less than a week!

Now what?

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Beat them on Crushing (if you haven't already). ;)

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Not even going to try. :lol:

I have a hard enough time playing games on Normal.

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Well then never mind. :)

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just got super pumped when I saw the teaser for Uncharted 4, and I was in between games so I decided to replay that series.

1 and 2 were awesome, of course, and I enjoyed 3 a lot more than I did the first time around. Between these and "The Last of Us," Naughty Dog is easily my favorite game developer. I WANT THEM TO MAKE MORE THINGS!

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

My problem is that I have way too many games that I wanna play. I'm now about 8 hours into Final Fantasy X... so I have like 50 hours to go. ;) Then I wanna play FFX-2. And I have more than 20 other games on my stack.

But yeah, ND do make some great games. While they're not as good as the Ratchet & Clank games, I also enjoyed the Jak & Daxter games.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

From what I remember of FFX that sounds like a very fast playthrough you're planning ;)

12. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Quite possibly... I know that when I played it on the PS2, I got past the 100 hour mark. So I have no idea if I can actually beat the game in 60 hours. ;)

13. NeroShrimp

NeroShrimp Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm currently playing Grand Theft Auto V on PS3. It is an amazing game and we've come so far with gaming technology. It's awesome!

14. Last Redshirt

Last Redshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Been playing and actually just finished Wolfenstein: The New Order. Extremely fun, with an engaging story to boot. Also, Dwight Schultz voices Deathshead ^^

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

A little more than 40 hours into my "quick" Mass Effect 2 playthrough to start the "final/definitive" Mass Effect 3 playthrough.

Done with all the DLC (finally) and all loyalty missions, except Legion's as I haven't done the Reaper IFF mission yet.

Lair of the Shadow Broker is still great, BTW. Hell, ME2 as a whole is still fantastic, even after having lost count of my previous playthroughs.

16. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ME2 is a great shooter but a terrible RPG.

17. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finally broke down and bought a Wii U, which I've been playing more than I've been playing my PS4.

The system came with Zelda: Windwaker, and I bought Mario Kart 8 which came with a free download for New Super Mario Bros. U. I've been playing all three, which are fun as hell and are also causing my to neglect my copies of Infamous: Second Son, and Watch Dogs, which I've barely touched.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Depends on your definition of RPG. I can only speak for myself, but I distinctly remember enjoying that game in which I played a roll and had a lot of agency in doing so.

Short version: Inventory System ≠ RPG. ;)

19. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been playing too much Tomodachi Life lately. Finally started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf again, glad that there are any people left in my town :lol:. Played some Pokémon X as well and did some shiny hunting.

20. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I could let them get by with neutering the inventory system. But they also neutered the skill trees (I've seen "true" shooters with deeper skill trees), and the railroading prevented me from continuing to roleplay my Shepard from the first game. :p