Terminator-218 "Today is the Day" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 13, 2009.

?

Grade "Today is the Day"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

16.7%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

54.8%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

23.8%
  4. "If we stay the course we are dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average)

4.8%
  5. "You are TERMINATED!" (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I want whatever you are on

2. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh come on, that's the best way to end the series.

Cameron and Weaver fight, John Connor runs, Weaver wins. John Henry downloads Cameron's chip, including her feelings about John Connor. John Henry, disturbed by what he learns because he wishes to preserve human life, seeks out Connor. Henry comes to the conclusion that, if Judgment Day does not occur, the resulting temporal paradox will destroy the entire universe, but the childish AI doesn't know what to do about it, so he asks for Connor's advice. He also tells Connor that Cameron really did love him, and that the inherited her feelings when he downloaded her memories. The emotionally broken Connor and the equally emotionally broken Henry make love for the first and last time before planning Judgment Day, knowing that killing off most of humanity is the only way to save the rest from non-existence. Connor then goes home and kills both Derek and Sarah, knowing that they would oppose him if they knew what he was planning, and Henry arranges for himself to by sold to the Department of Defense as part of a new nuclear defense program.

3. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Is the stuff you're taking prescription or recreational?

4. hyzmarca

I'm high on life.

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Believe it or not I've heard an argument very much like this in a Terminator novel before.

6. hyzmarca

There is a Terminator novel in which John Connor has gay sex with Skynet? What is the title?

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Not that, but there was a story that suggested Connor and Skynet both knew that they couldn't live without the other.

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I have seen that one, where Connor accepts that Judgement day happens, and SKYnet accepts that it is to be defeated by him

9. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Which both are dumb things to accept. It means that everybody loses horribly.

The ending I would prefer to the series is to take a leaf out of T2's ending - "no fate but what we make", and preferably no judgment day at all.

10. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

If they get a proper ending, I think they're still going to make Judgment Day happen. Friedman had said in an interview a while back that the show wasn't as much about the plot of trying to prevent JD, but about how the characters cope with that, and he kind of hinted at JD being inevitable, which is dumb considering the show's premise.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

We have the episode descriptions of the final four.

Jesse’s submarine mission in the future takes a fatal turn that has unforeseen consequences for John, Sarah and Derek in the present. Also, Sarah deals with Cameron, who has become a liability, and John steps up and makes a life-or-death choice.

Fearing for her life, Sarah stashes John in a safe house with the only person she believes she can rely on, Charley Dixon. Cameron and Derek struggle to work together after she reveals a big secret, and Weaver's entire effort is at risk when John Henry is compromised – but by whom?

When John attempts to rescue Skynet’s latest target he finds himself closing in on Weaver, but at what cost? Game plans change, causing Sarah and Ellison to reunite. Meanwhile, Weaver learns Ellison’s secrets.

Fate is changed forever on the explosive season finale episode! The Connors come face-to-face with Weaver in a confrontation that shakes John to the core and changes his reality. Nothing will be the same.

12. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, those certainly sound interesting!

When are we likely to hear about a decision regarding renewal/cancellation? Early April?

13. Luminus

Luminus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are HULU numbers being included?

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Depends on who you ask. One place says yes, one place says no.