OT: Trek novelist wins Hugo Award!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Greg Cox, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I can't resist pointing out that Kij Johnson, my esteemed collaborator on DRAGON'S HONOR, just won the Hugo for Best Novella at this year's WorldCon.

Way to go, Kij!

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw that when I was reading through the winners list of Tor.com. That's great.

3. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had totally forgotten she had written a Star Trek book when I was voting or when I saw the results. That's very cool.

4. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Cover artist of numerous ST books (including the "Crucible" trilogy), John Picacio, received one, too.

5. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Right, right, I forgot about that. But I did remember his ST work when I voted for him and sent him a congratulatory tweet when he won.

I've been a fan ever since I was introduced to him from his covers for the Terok Nor and Trilogies. I thought that was it. Has he done other covers? I don't remember them.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looking around on his website, I saw the covers for Cruicible: Kirk (I'm assuming if he did one he probably did all three), Fearful Symmetry (it only shows the Prime Universe cover), and the first two Myriad Universes books.