Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I think NBC will finish out the season, it might be much later in the spring, but, they will certainly show what they have filmed.

2. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It took me a little while to warm up to this one, but I enjoyed it by the end. A sufficient conclusion if needed, but I do hope we get the rest of the season, and perhaps a fourth and final year (I know, I know...).

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I believe this episode is the last one that has been filmed (so far), though, correct me if I'm wrong here. I'd be pleased if I knew more episodes had been finished, if only for the DVD (though I bet it will come back later in the spring, too).

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I thought I read they had filmed more after this one, before the hiatus notification, but, I don't have a link. So, I could be wrong.

If anything, at the very least, I bet they would burn them off. BUT, I think it will be back. And I bet, there might be even a 4th season, which would be the last.

5. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Glad to finally hear news that production is continuing.

Eat your heart out, Guy Gardener. :p

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Shhh.....

You bring that up and people will call you a liar.

8. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

Yeah, I'll never hear the term "diminishing returns" in quite the same way ever again. :guffaw:

9. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Yeah....I love this show but, the last few weeks have just been really dull, stupid, and nearly everyone has been acting out of character at some point.

Britta's phone gag in the Foozball ep was just pathetic. We've seen her use a regular modern-ish phone a million times before, and although this show does crazy stuff, it was always "grounded" in a reality. Yes, Paintball was grounded compared to Britta's shitty phone.

Noone seems to be growing anymore. They've spent most of the season acting out tropes from before, hitting catchphrases and such. The documentary ep was a rehash of the previous one, (It's even called "Documentary Film making: Redux"), Abed Batman was...Abed Batman, which as brilliant as it was the first time, the second time was just the same joke stretched out over half an episode. The glee club gag in "Paradigms of Human Memory" was funny as a cutaway. I found it damned near unbearable as an entire episode. I mean, the way they just came in at the end singing - seriously? That's Community? The characters have grown, sure. But would Jeff and Britta really come in blankly singing a Christmas hymn? It looked like everyone was stiff and wooden and just came in the room to hit they're marks. It was unnatural and felt incredibly forced. It would have been more in the tone of the group if Abed opened the door, Shirley started belting out a Christmas hymn and the rest just kinda grinned and came in with "Yay its Christmas!" half assed. The point of coming together because its Christmas was hackneyed and against the grain of the show. They should have come together because they like each other regardless of Christmas. This is what they've made a point of the last 2 years. That whole scene felt like a network note which they were forced to make at gun point.

And this whole weirdly meta thing about region-els (eh?) being code for "will we get canceled or not" was just...odd.

Blah. I love this show, I really do, but this yeah over all has just felt like a let down. Sure, we got Remedial Chaos Theory, which did everything a good episode should (progressed the story, the characters and the relationships while having a laugh a minute), "Were gonna finally be fine!", Air Conditioner repair school (Why is there an Astronaut in the corner making a paninis?) and authoritative Dean Pelton (I wish that lasted longer), but overall the ratio of good to bad seems off.

I wish I was sad at the prospect that this is the last ep, but considering how this series has progressed, I wouldn't be bothered that much by it being so. And that's probably what disappoints me the most.

10. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't really get that from the Regionals bit. That just felt like another Glee riff.

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Re: Me so merry, me so merry!

My favorite thing about episodes like "Regional Holiday Music" is the way they'll parody something in a really obvious manner (Glee) and only as you watch do you realize that they are parodying a second, completely unrelated thing. (Body Snatchers.) The turning of the group one at a time, culminating in the awesome riff on the ending of Body Snatchers '78 really had me smirking the whole time. What can I say? I dig shows that appeal to the nerd in me and also have hot women being funny. Weird! ;)

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I totally saw NImoy do that once. :)

My heart tastes marvelous Harvey.

Sooooooooooooooooo much gravy.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Probably one of the funniest episodes I've seen. I'm gonna miss this show.

14. Guy Gardener

Maybe Dan will thumb his nose, and accidentally hire back 90 percent of the cast for his next project?

Gods.

This is the Guy who made the Sarah Silverman Program.

Fuck me, he's mellowed.

15. Guy Gardener

AH!

Danny and Yvette are on Chuck!

HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious. :)

Honestly, if there was a show in worse shape than Community, it would be Chuck.

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If Chuck got at least four seasons, damn it, then so should Community! :p

And I like Chuck. :lol: Well, I checked out midway through Season Four. But I liked most of it before then! :ouch:

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

The badly sung "See you after Reee-heee-gion-eeeels!" over the last shot of the cast seemed to imply that heavily if you ask me.

18. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't a fan of the episode because I don't like musicals, so if a show does a musical episode then it has to have at least one amazing song to win me over. Sadly, there was nothing in this episode even close to Guy Love.

19. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I really don't mind musical numbers, its just this episode seemed so vapid and paint-by-numbers compared to any episode beforehand that put me off.

20. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

On Glee they constantly talk about preparing for and competing in the Regionals. I think that's all the subtext there was to it.

I thought this was a pretty subpar episode. The only bit that got a laugh for me was the Dean, Chang, Magnitude, Leonard, and Starburns ornaments singing at the end, and that wasn't even that great.