GTA V Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

That mission definitely made me rage for a while before something just clicked and i could fly the heli fine. But soon after I just gave up the game all together after the game kept crashing whenever I tried to complete the mission where you have to take a fall in a fight club to protect your mum.

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Is there a game on Earth you don't complain about being too difficult? Maybe you just suck at video games. :p

3. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

Yeah I did that fight mission differently, I didn't take the fall - ended up fighting that one dude outside the fight pit place - ended up killing him or something. I thought it was fairly rewarding anyway.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I *DO* suck at video games. Does this make me a second class citizen who doesn't get to experience games? :D ;)

5. Kimi3013

Kimi3013 Captain Captain

Yes. :P

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Yes now go and play your Wii :p

Worst gaming prediction EVER came out today...

Dumbass.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So we're expected to download a 20GB game? Well that's just fantastic given my 80GB limit that I have to share with my roommates. We're not in the golden age of internet yet.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Discs will be around for a long long time to come, I love it when people make a comment about digital replacing discs. Nothing needs replacing they both bring in tons of revenue so companies need both not 1 or the other.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, it'll happen soon enough, but the technology just isn't there for the average person yet. Give it a decade or two.

10. General_Phoenix

General_Phoenix Captain Captain

More than likely it will have DLC that you can unlock once you buy the game, similar to Arkham City - which means if anyone buys it used, will be out of luck on that content.

11. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Just 40 minutes from when i make this post until they release the trailer...

12. NCC1701

NCC1701 Commodore Commodore

Really? According to the Rockstar site the trailer is still 8 and a half hours away from being released, which means I don't get to see it until tomorrow morning here.

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Hm, they changed it, for me it now says over 5 hours...

14. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Remember how Rockstar paid some TV station in the US to air a countdown clock all night, every night for a month in the run-up to GTA4's first trailer? :lol:

I remember staying up that night to watch that trailer, and how Rockstar's server crashed and it took me another hour and a half to find a working stream. Good times.

15. TheGodBen

Wow, the site actually worked this time! :lol:

[yt]v=QkkoHAzjnUs[/yt]

16. Timby

Los Santos. Nice.

Also featuring something that was sorely lacking in Grand Theft Auto IV: Color.

17. TheGodBen

The original trailer for San Andreas only showed Los Santos, so it's possible that this game will feature San Fierro and Los Venturas too but they're holding them back for future trailers. IGN are saying that Rockstar confirmed the game is in San Andreas, but I wouldn't be too surprised if there were mixed wires there.

Either way, the game looks amazing, particularly that mountain range. Here's hoping that we're able to climb that and it's not just scenery, like the cliffs that surrounded the world in RDR.

Speaking of RDR, there was a dog on the beach in the trailer, so hopefully they'll be taking some more animal models and AI from RDR and putting them into the game. Gunning down bears with an attack helicopter is the revenge I'm looking for after all the times they snuck up on me up in Tall Trees.

18. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks quite a bit better. Have they changed their engine or is it just improved, I wonder? It looks like it's capable of higher res. Speaking of RDR, I just finished it this weekend. It would be quite fun to see the RDR world in a GTA game to see how it's evolved since the old west.

19. Timby

Nah, it's still the RAGE engine, just as Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption used. We're near -- or at -- the dusk of this console generation, and it wouldn't make sense for Rockstar to put the resources into developing an entirely new engine that would only be used for one game.

I just hope that V can strike a better balance between the character's story and the actual gameplay. Niko's constant moaning of "I killed people, so many people, I want to get away from that life" followed by shooting ten dudes for a hundred bucks was incredibly inconsistent, and it's why I still like Vice City the most out of the Grand Theft Auto series -- Tommy Vercetti was an unrepentant psychopath, much like the protagonist in the Saints Row series.

20. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Trailer looks absolutely fantastic. I was a bit disapointed with the last GTA sbut really have my hopes up here.

Still no word on the release date, eh?