Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

The younger sister of the Olsen twins (Mary Kate and Ashley), she's become an actress in her own right. She's done a couple of films, one of which got major acclades.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Olsen

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

She was damn good in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

You think it's the actors? You don't think that the studio, having paid millions for a recognisable face in the role, want you to actually see their face?

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I only find it stupid for the superheroes that have secret identities like Batman or Spiderman. I don't mind it when superheroes with public identities do it.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

As far as the films go, Batman hasn't done it that often. I think the only time he unmasked himself was near the end of 'Batman Returns.' But even then Selina knew who he was and both Shrek and the Penguin died shortly after, so it's not like anyone would have been around to report it.

As for Spider-Man, I quite agree, it was annoying whenever he'd lose his mask, especially during the train sequence in Spider-Man 2.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

8. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope this comes to pass, as is it actually possible for a girl to be tidier than Elizabeth Olsen?
    Answer- no

Anyone else read that sentence and think it makes her sound no more than about 5? I feel old.

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I can understand why they did it there, because his rescue of the train at the end would have been a lot less dramatic and exciting if we couldn't see the emotion and fear in his eyes throughout.

In the third movie, though, I definitely thought it seemed ridiculous and contrived.

10. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Actors! (complete with exclamation) must show their face as often as possible. That's what Actors! do. How can they possible Act! behind a mask? Come on now.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Joss Whedon does love killing off his best characters. :lol:

14. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Interestingly, he's adamantly denied making the decision to kill Coulson (while admitting that probably nobody would believe him). And even that was logical and organic to the story, for the most part (it was their motivating force to work as a team).

15. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

So, apparently there now a confirmed rumor going around that Jarvis will become Ultron?

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So its been confirmed as a rumor? ;)

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Rumors don't need to be confirmed, that's why they are called rumors. :p

18. paudemge

paudemge Captain Captain

I can confirm it is a rumor.

19. Nomad

Nomad Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, rumors are running rampant at the moment. Jarvis will become Ultron, whose new body will be made out of vibranium (can't use adamantium), and this means Wakanda will appear in the movie, since that's where all the vibranium comes from. T'challa will have a cameo, maybe his dad, too. Paul Bettany, who voices Jarvis will do the same for Ultron but will also appear in person, possibly as the Vision. The synthetic man (aka Human Torch) we saw for a few seconds at the expo near the beginning of CA:TFA will also figure in the story. Ultron will assemble a version of the Masters of Evil (as he did in the comics) and so we'll see various villains from earlier Marvel movies. Wanda and Pietro will be in this group but will change sides and join the Avengers.

At least, that's what I heard...

20. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm hearing that James Spader will be playing Ultron.

edit: http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/...s_james_spader_as_the_films_legendary_villain

"James Spader will face off against Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the villain in Marvel’s "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the sequel to 2012’s record-breaking "Marvel’s The Avengers." The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers’ much anticipated return to the big screen from writer/director Joss Whedon. The film comes to theaters on May 1, 2015. "