Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I gave my opinion on the article. So have others who would seem to disagree with any possibility that Snyder is somehow on "shaky" ground or however you want to put it and I'm gonna be an ass and be technical, that post doesn't have anything to do with "Superman" really. That's technically a different Snyder project :)

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ You don't think that an article commenting on Snyder's relationship with the studio that is entrusting him to revive a potentially massive tentpole movie has anything to do with that movie? You think the whole Superman project is happening in a vacuum and won't be influenced by other factors, like Snyder's relationship with the studio or the income of his other movies for them?

3. Admiral_Young

Again...if there was any concern on the studios part about Zach Snyder being able to deliver on "Superman" Nolan and company would not have selected him to direct the project. It is obvious that he decided that he couldn't work on both films and give each the attention they deserve so he dropped "Xerxes" (a project he was pretty passionate about making btw) and decided to focus on "Superman" which is only a good thing.

4. Captaindemotion

^ That's fair enough. There's no need for the 'sigh.' Again, I make it clear, I merely put the link in to see what people thought of the rumour. I'm neither endorsing it nor rubbishing it. But I thought it might at least be worth talking about.

I stand by the William Goldman maxim that 'In Hollywood nobody knows anything', but I like to add the words 'especially me.'

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Lest there be any doubt, I have no beef with you over that. I just don't buy Vulture's speculation for the reasons I've already stated.

6. Captaindemotion

^ Again, that's cool.

7. Admiral_Young

^ I apologize for the sigh and any harshness in my posts. I've been up for 48 hours straight now and can get cranky when I've had no sleep :)

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

48 straight hours?? How?? Why??

I was up for about 31hrs one time and it was all I could do to stay awake once I knew I could finally get to sleep.

9. Admiral_Young

Combination of both pain and insomnia.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Sorry to hear that. I hope it's pain that's short-lived rather than ongoing.

11. Admiral_Young

Unfortunately I have severe chronic back pain due to various ongoing medical problems since childhood...but alas this thread isn't about me. Any thoughts on when we might get the female lead cast? Or any actual real casting news?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Commiserations on that.
    They're looking to start shooting sometime in the summer, so further casting announcements could come at any point from now through the next three or four months.

13. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think they're targeting July or August for start of production. I have a feeling we'll get some major casting news by the end of next month at the very latest.

14. Captaindemotion

No prob. Hope you get that back pain sorted.

15. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Hope you feel better soon Young and the sooner WB nails down a female lead the better you'll feel!! :techman:

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did the doctors say you needed a backiotomy?

17. Admiral_Young

Finally went to sleep...eight hours uninterrupted! My chronic back problems are related to my club feet. I've also got a twisting pelvis that I'm getting physio for. Thanks for all the well wishes!

@Captain Craig...you've no idea how happy I'll be once we get actual things to discuss with this movie. I'm already super excited!!!

18. Captaindemotion

19. Admiral_Young

Has Miller finished writing the graphic novel? I've not read anything about that yet. He stated that he was supposed finish that first and Zach would have finished the screenplay shortly afterwards was the original plan.

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Alice Eve has been cast in Men in Black III. It's not clear how big her part is, but if it's substantial it would make her unavailable for Superman (if there was any truth to that rumor in the first place).