Little help identifying a star trek game

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by simmons, Dec 25, 2011.

1. simmons

simmons Cadet Newbie

Hi,
    I've been trying to find a star trek game I used to play as a kid in the mid 1990's. It was a shareware game that came on a disk with 100 other games. The disk was in German (Spiele 101) but the games themselves were english. I have look on the internet at many locations but have not been able to identify or find it.
    I was a star trek game played on Windows 3.1. It was a turn based game using a enterprise like star ship. The map was laid out as hexagons. The first three missions were free but the last three needed to be unlocked by registering. Same was true with available options. The first mission was against 5 suicide drones. The second mission was against 15 suicide drones. The third was against four klingon freighters leaving planet Trogel(?) and you had to destroy them or just their cargo. The four or later mission was against a Bird of prey that would cloak and the last I believe was against romulans.
    Thanks for any possible help or suggestions,
    Simmons

2. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

3. simmons

simmons Cadet Newbie

Wasn't wintrek although that looks pretty cool.
    Thanks for the suggestion

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

I remember a game but it was for the Amiga. Programmed in German and translated into English. The splash screens were very ST3:TSFS. You could go to the bridge, transporter room, you have a navigation map and could do courier missions or else engage the Klingons. I remember seeing how the animations all worked in the Amiga's graphics package at the time..... It was completely free, but I did have to pay £5 to some mail order bloke who posted it out on a floppy disk!!! Ah, the joys of computing 20 years ago.

5. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

This was driving me nut, thanks to Google, I found the one I was on about here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uBe_aMvUhc

Apparentlym the author of the game is still doing Trek hobby stuff - havign animated the Fedcon 2009 convention introduction!

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I remember playing that on the Amiga back in the day:)

7. simmons

simmons Cadet Newbie

The game I'm thinking of I think was one of many star trek games inspired by the board game. The enterprise ship looks very similar to that of the board game(star fleet battles) when I looked it up. It looks kind of like star trek: starfleet command but 2d (same options on the top left side of the screen but with more below following the same layout) but as a shareware with 3 missions free and 3-4 unlocked by registration. I think it may be very hard to find this game.

8. simmons

simmons Cadet Newbie

thanks for the suggestions

9. Jjanzow

Jjanzow Cadet Newbie

Hey I was wondering if any of you could help me out a little bit. I have been searching for a 2d top down castle/dungeon game. You started in a small town and would enter the dungeon. You would gain spells for your spell book and fight creatures like snakes, bats, skeletons and the like. It had a small inventory system you could cloth yourself with items like the enchanted cloak or a cursed ring.

The only reason I am asking here is because I happend to play this game in the mid 90's on a disk of 101 games. This disk happened to have Wintrek on it as well. I have been searching high and low for this game and right now this is my only lead.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

10. Jjanzow

Jjanzow Cadet Newbie

Figured it out. Castle of the winds. Have been looking for years. Would not have found it without this forum. Thank you much!

11. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Are you talking about "Star Trek Neutral Zone" from Interplay? I remember that I bought the CD-Rom at RadioShack and it Only contained a couple of levels and then you had to upgrade to Zstarfleet Command Gold or something.

12. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tobias RICHTER? The Tobias Richter?

13. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    I'm enjoying this gave me a lot of new ideas