Who was Future Guy going to be?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by BigJ, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJ

BigJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I never thought to ask this but since Enterprise was cancelled and all (years ago), who was Future Guy supposed to be? I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but the thought just dawned on me to ask. I figure the least that the writers could have done with this failed series is reveal to us who they intended on Future Guy to be unless it was like most of the writing and was really going nowhere with no direction. Thanks

2. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

My vote goes to Wesley Crusher :devil:

One of the biggest blunders of the series. I don't think even B&B knew.

3. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How many times is this question going to come up? ;)

Actually, making it Wesley would have been a master stroke and a totally unexpected character development - what a missed opportunity! they could have taken it from the angle of that whole thing with the traveller that pretty much got dropped as the story proceeded.

4. Nebusj

Nebusj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's all right.

Future Guy was supposed to be Enemy Von Antagonist, the Evil Dark Lord of Evil Dark Lordness, although as things actually worked out he was Archer's Guardian Angel.

Rick Berman and Brannon Braga never had a particular idea of just who he would be or what his agenda was, although there were occasionally claims that oh they had some notions but would revise them if the storyline developed a different direction.

5. msbae

msbae Commodore

Having Future Guy turn out to be Wesley Crusher would have been hilarious. :guffaw:

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think it was Captain Braxton.

7. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully, this will be revealed in one of the future Enterprise novels. And really that's a good thing because the folks at Pocket Books are much better creative minds than B&B could have ever dreamt of being.

8. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's pretty much straight from the horse's mouth that they had no idea what the Temporal Cold War and Future Guy were all about. I'm sure they just cobbled together some elements they thought would be perceived as "cool" and then hoped that some serendipitous story elements would develop over the years that they could later on retroactively shoehorn in.

9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

There was no temporal cold war. It was Q.

Actually, I was hoping it would turn out to be a Romulan. :devil:

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

a Romulan plot? a ploy to start a war?

11. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

An attempt to change history -- Discredit Archer... Throw up road blocks to his efforts to make friends for Earth, to build alliances... Tell him who attacked Earth. Send him after the Xindi. His own recklessness will get him killed in The Expanse. He'll fail to save humanity. The Federation will never exist. Then nothing will prevent the spread of the Romulan Empire.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Nah, that wouldn't have been convoluted enough.

Hmm, the Alien Nazi cliffhanger at the end of Zero Hour might not have been so bad if it had been a Romulan. Or a Reman doing the Romulans' bidding...

13. BigJ

BigJ Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't know, I guess maybe it would have been somewhat interesting if it turned out to be Nero. I mean, in Star Trek XI it looks like the plot centers around this Romulan that seems to go through great pains and effort to kill off James T. Kirk because Kirk is the sole reason why the Romulan Empire never fully proliferated :wtf:

So Nero could be written into some "Enterprise" novel as having been the one who was doing the whole Cold War thing because at first he didn't have a time machine to go muck up things himself and was only able to do it through hologram. Because naturally, between Archer and Kirk, they are the reason the Romulan Empire never fully proliferated :wtf:

14. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know who it was going to be, but I'm sure the reveal would have involved several gunfight scenes and T'Pol in her pajamas.

Joe, jaded

15. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Thanks for bringing us back to Bermaga's sad reality. But you forgot to mention the pajamas would be a size too small. :rolleyes:

16. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He turned out to be Leslie Moonves, clearly.

17. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

So we know now that he was a truly evil character. :evil:

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

:lol::lol: So true!

It's just so typical of what was wrong with Enterprise. I loved Trip, I liked the characters, and I was a sucker for the Trip/T'Pol plotline, but whenever they had a good thing going--an interesting idea, a good overall story, a mystery for the audience to look forward to---they just dropped it, or brushed it aside as if it never happened.

Bermaga really were their own worst enemy. They should have brought in new blood far, far earlier than they did.

19. Captain Leslie

Captain Leslie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Future guy kind of bored me anyway! It was probably an ex boyfriend of T'Pol's wreaking his wrevenge on her, for demonstrating to the Universe the Vulcan penchant for tight frilly underpants.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  20. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

Just did a quick check at IMDB.com to see who played Future Guy and I see it was a guy called James Horan who has been a voice actor on Trek games as well as several characters in episodes in Voyager, DS9 and TNG. In TNG he has played two characters and one was Starfleet in the episode Descent as Lt Barnaby. So there could just be a chance that it could just as likely be him, but a future version of him.

Just throwing in a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.