Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I, too, feel bad for Gomez having been pulled into this mess. The actor who plays him was on "Talking Bad" and he said that Gomez is the only character (with the possible exception of Walt Jr.) who hadn't "broken bad" and sacrificed his principles for some agenda. Everyone else (again, with the exception of Jr.) has done something morally reprehensible in the show. It would be sad to see someone like that get cut down needlessly, but since this is BB and its final season, I suspect nobody in the case is safe from a bullet or blade.

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

They don't know where they are. All Marie knows is Hank got Walter, he did not tell her where he was. As all Skylar knows is Walter ran out of the Carwash, she does not know where he went. So the only way to know where they are is for authorities to try and triangulate Hanks call to Marie with nearby cell towers or possible getting a GPC fix if that is possible with his phone. Still, that is a big area of desert to cover. It could be Hank's downfall that besides Gomez he was doing his own thing. Hopefully Hank was not stupid enough to also bring Jessie's confession video with him to the dessert.

3. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Are we assuming Jesse too is going to die in the shootout? Because if he doesn't, and I don't think he will, he will know the whole story including what happened to Hank and Gomez, should both die.

He may not be able to recall exactly where the bodies are buried (or where the shootout occurred) but his story and the fact that Hank and Gomez are missing would surely get the authorities out en masse to search for whatever may be out there. Further, and most importantly, it should get the DEA to open a full investigation of Walt.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I meant that Marie & Skylar would know WHAT happened to Hank, not where or how. That he called Marie & said he had Walt in cuffs, & then if no one ever hears from him again, that's pretty clear cut as to what happened to him

I too think Jesse will outlive this shootout. I still hold out hope that he'll be the one to do in Walt at the very end

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The show is about Walter and Jessie and rest assured Jessie will be in the final episode.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Yeah, I'd count on Jesse outliving everyone but Walt, and possibly even Walt!

7. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jessie is going to make it for sure.
    He knows best about Walt's evil deeds. I see him going kinda loopy and being institutionalized after all this... especially if Walt manages to evaporate into thin air with all that money.
    Judging on the phone call from Hank to his wife, he's dead next episode. He's got to be. There just aren't those kinds of phone calls in scripted drama unless a character is getting offed.

Love the Better Call Saul news, too. Even if it's a webseries it'll be amazing.

8. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree on all thoughts here. :techman:

9. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel like his line about "it could be a while before you see me" and all the "love yous" may be foreshadowing his being kidnapped by the Nazis. I imagine they'd love to use him as leverage to keep Walt cooking for them for as long as they want.

10. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think we have seen the last of Hank. I think the next episode will open with a pan over his dead body. He has survived two shootouts; a third would be pretty amazing. He reached his own personal height of glory last week, finally arresting the elusive Heisenberg.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't see Jack keeping Hank alive, more so they would take Jesse and make him cook leaving Walt to run off to New Hampshire, settle his family then come back to free Jessie. The end of the show will come down to Walt and Jessie.

12. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It would be hilarious if Walt came back to "save" Jesse only to learn Jesse is the new kingpin, right before Jesse puts a bullet between his eyes.

Fade to black.

Executive Producer
    Vince Gilligan

:evil:

13. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

That would be breathtaking and would beat "Face Off" for sure, but I'd want Skylar and Jr. to get Walt's money.

14. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt they'd go about it that way. This may be Hank's swan song (or not) but even if it is, he'll get a better send off than that. He is after all the 3rd most important character, and he's been there since episode one

15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I doubt that it's a consideration, especially with the last few episodes until the series finale.

Breaking Bad is Walt's story and everybody else supports this story. If Hank's death serves the story in any kind of way i doubt Gilligan would hesitate to kill him off.

We don't know how the show will end other than some cryptic remark that Walt will end it his way (or something like that) so Hank's death may be positive in relation to Walt being goaded into action or it will ever draw him deeper into everything until he snaps.

We'll know soon enough.

16. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I could see Hank dying as something that would deeply destroy Walt. He's a bad dude but he still views Hank as family and if Hank dies directly as a result of him that might completely shift the character.

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Once again... The show is called Breaking Bad, not "Breaking Bad, then not too Bad".

Why he still has some small morals the only reason why he might care that his brother-in-law is dead is because it gets in the way of the last few months alive being happy.

There are three episodes left, there is nothing to lose from killing everyone and anyone on the show.

18. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Vince Gilligan, "Ozymandias" is his favorite episode of the entire series, so I'm assuming some major shit is going to go down in tonight's episode (especially after last week's jaw-dropping cliffhanger).

Also, another interesting tidbit: Rian Johnson directed tonight's episode. Johnson is known for his film work such as Brick, Brothers Bloom and Looper but has directed a couple episodes of Breaking Bad in the past. So this one should be a dozy.

19. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think Jessie survives this episode but Hank does not, and Walt ends up enslaved as a meth manufacturer to these people in order to protect his family and Jesse.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

God damn! "Ozymandias" was probably the most gut-wrenching episode yet. It was gripping yet hard to watch.

I've also never seen a show where the credits were literally halfway through an episode.

I'd like to say that Walt pretty much confessed over the phone when all Skyler did was tell the police that he took Holly, but it looks like everything was unravelling anyway.