Short Comedy Video: "The iTransporter Knockoff"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Todd Trumpet, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Todd Trumpet

Todd Trumpet Cadet Newbie

Hey:

I got it into my head recently to make a video featuring one of my favorite effects from "Star Trek" TOS - namely, the Transporter effect. With iTechnology appearing more and more "magic" (in the "Clarke" sense of the word) every day, I wondered what it might be like to have a Personal Handheld Transporter device...

...and what might happen if someone purchased a cheap knockoff!

Here's the result:

http://youtu.be/-ZOjr_Rt5gM

Hope you enjoy,

Todd

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I, uh ... I see.

3. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Well... except for the transporter concept, it's not really a Trek film. A more appropriate place to post this might have been the Fan Films section.

Having said that, it looks like it's a complete one-man production, due to fixed camera positions in every scene, suggesting use of a tripod. Effects work is okay but nothing spectacular. So I'll give it two stars if it's a one man show. Otherwise, just one.

I still don't understand why some people always start a post or thread with "Hey". We're sitting right here, not a block away. We've already opened the thread so you don't need to say "Hey" to get our attention.

4. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi ToddTrumpet! Welcome to the board! I've only been around for about a year, but I'll welcome you nonetheless! :) The video was a clever concept. I think if you picked up the pace on your acting it might work even better. Or since it looks like you're working on these alone, perhaps try to find a willing friend to be your volunteer actor so you can have more fun behind the camera. But still, it's cool that you're finding a creative outlet for your ideas as a one-man-band video writer/producer/director/editor/etc on youtube. I'm impressed to see on your website that you were a writer on The Wonder Years. That's definitely in my Netflix queue for a re-watch. Loved that show! Welcome, and have fun making videos!

5. Melakon

Yes, I think I've identified him through IMDB, and those claims are not idle boasting. Good to see you branching out, Todd. ;)

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Moving to Fan Productions

7. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Welcome to Star Trek Fan Films and Fan Audio! I've added your film to Star Trek Reviewed under films about Trek Fans in which Trek is real, http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/217.html and also given your film a Headline at the top of the website, http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2012/09/headline-news-last-month-only.html . I hope that, with your professional writing background, you look over the many fan productions (Star Trek Reviewed is an indexing website) and consider getting involved with others producing Star Trek Fan Films and Audio productions.

8. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the board. have you been here before, or did you join because you thought some of us might be interested in your short?

Hey is just fine, it means "hi" after all. At least that's friendly.

"Faster. More intense." George Lucas is that you? ;)

9. Melakon

Yeah, I seem to keep forgetting I'm an old fart and start getting irrational.