Furries

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Bump!

I just found this rather humorous song which does a pretty good job of explaining the furry subculture: The Furry Song. It's fairly good, especially the vocal rant at the end which isn't reproduced in the lyrics sheet. :lol: I've been following the fandom for about a decade now, and his summary of furry snowballing and swallowing up an ever-widening circle of weird subcultures as time drags on is pretty accurate.

In other news, the podcast I mentioned calling into earlier in the thread finally put up the newest show today; they did indeed talk about the ChewFox fiasco like I figured they would, but alas didn't use my voice mail. I'd recommend it, though, for anyone who wants to get a better bead on the furry/sex overlap, since the hosts are very level-headed and fair on the subject all around.

2. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think that's for an entirely different thread. :lol:

3. Gepard

*goes to Urban Dictionary*

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?

4. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Let the cat out of the bag... so to speak.

5. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I approve of this thread! :techman:

:D

J.

6. Gepard

Like Teabaggers, I know not what I type. :lol:

7. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

This. Was. Brilliant! :lol:

And you are right, the spoken word part at the end is really interesting. You know, someone should make a song about Trek fans, too. I might give it a shot ... :D

8. Gepard

I managed to track down the post referenced in the "People who can't draw Disney at all well, or at least that's what John K of Ren and Stimpy said on his blog" bit, which you can read here. John does indeed seem to think that a) Disney's Robin Hood launched the furry fandom, and b.) that all the animal stuff Disney and everyone has done for many years has been derivative, unoriginal crap.

Of course, I think Ren and Stimpy was weird and ugly for the sake of being weird and ugly, so I take that with a grain of salt. Sometimes it's possible to be too original. :lol:

9. Joshua Howard

Joshua Howard Captain Captain

I read the first two pages of this thread, then skipped to this one... and the first thing I have to say is ROFLMAO... and next I will quote a snip of one of J O'Lantern's posts from way back there:

:eek: ...I had no idea that this was such a deep topic.

First of all, where do I find the girl with Spock ears? I'd like to meet her. Secondly, how is she in any way comparable to the guy who likes sniffing crotches? Eww.

10. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because both of them are aspects of their respective fandoms that reporters try to find to make everyone else look like they're crazy.

J.

11. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Sorry, she's with me. Don't look at her or you will try the taste of the plak tow. :vulcan:

:lol:

12. Joshua Howard

Joshua Howard Captain Captain

Of course. I do actually get the point you were making; it just made me laugh the way you said it. :cool:

Personally, I like Disney-character style animated figures and all, and if somebody wants to strap on some whiskers or ears, that doesn't seem wierd at all to me. In any case, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to judge anyone as wierd for associating themselves with this fanbase, though I don't think that I could personally ever muster an obsession over animal characters.

Also, if people somewhere want to dress up like animals and mate that way, more power to 'em; just let me step out of the room first. :p

I should have known... Ever since the Vulcan planet got blown up in STXI, the dating scene has been marred by an awful lack of available women who are capable of logical thought. :lol:

13. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    Hoo boy! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth, my dear furophile! -- RR