Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Superman was my first superhero, going back to the early 60s when I would tie a towel around my neck and jump off the furniture. When I was about 6 I found out that George Reeves was dead. Bad day.

In 1978 Christopher Reeve's effortless performance did indeed make us believe that a man could fly. Brandon Routh did a great job, but he was not Superman.

From what I've seen so far Henry Cavill looks like he can pull it off. Hopefully, Superman lives again.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? Is this what we're commenting on now?

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not really a fan of the suit but I don't know if its an issue with the suit or just my old man sensibilities. It seems like a sensible notion of what a "real world" suit would look like but I don't really care for how dark it is and some of the details.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I figured it probably wasn't but since it came from what I believe was an official source, I thought that made it worth mentioning.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Sure, why not? Not saying "Oh noes! teh moveh is ruint!!!". Just noting that in that pic he looks like he might have the flu or something.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's an Englishman standing outside in full sunlight. That's trouble brewing, right there.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed! I had no problem with the original look before, but now those red shorts just silly and dated as hell to me.

Although I will say, as a fan of the SR suit I think the speedo still looks pretty good. Of course I know that's a very minority opinion. Lol

8. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    It's the lack or red trunks, there's nothing to breakup the overall darkness of the suit so he looks inordinately pale. The bright background isn't helping. The bubble-wrap texture look of the suit's not doing much for me, either.

9. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:Yeah, I know Superman's powers derive from the sun but an English or Irish Superman is more likely to end up with SuperSunburn.

10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe not.
    Superman's suit in MoS is supposed to be what a Kryptonian would wear under the armor, like the armor we see Zod wear.
    To quote from the recent EW magazine:

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

:lol:

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

:lol::lol:

13. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

So they got rid of the red undies and made the entire suit underwear instead?:guffaw:

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's the Kotobukiya statue of Superman from Man of Steel. It gives a good look at the design of the suit from a variety of angles.

15. Gov Kodos

Does it have a back flap for trips to the outhouse? Otherwise, briefs would be a lot easier for those moments than hauling off a full bodysuit for nature's call.

16. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I also liked the Superman Returns suit. I think it was a nice update from the Reeves era suit.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you watch the clip in the trailer where Zod and his followers have been caught, they appear to be wearing the suit with no armor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

So what's the explanation for why Supes has a cape and they don't?

19. Gov Kodos

Edna Mode is the arch villain behind this.

20. Dr.H

Dr.H Lieutenant Red Shirt

I assume the reason Supes has the cape while Zod and his minions don't is because the version of the Krpytonian attire Supes is wearing is an ancient version of that suit, while Zod is donning the newer brand which doesn't have it. He does get the suit from the Fortress of Solitude(which according to the EW article has been on earth for centuries before he arrived on Earth, planted there by his ancestors.)