(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All Cardiff fans should either just buy the blue kit or only buy retro blue kits with the bluebird.

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah, be funny to see an entire stadium in blue shirts!

ah well football sells another little bit of its soul.

3. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Anyone who immediately goes out and buys the red one is a total idiot. At least they're reasonably nice kits I suppose. I quite like them at any rate.... the badge is really boring though.

Oh well. It'll be really weird seeing them come out of the tunnel for the first time but let's see where it all goes. I expect we'll be blue again soon enough if it all goes to shit. It does mean I have to take down my desktop wallpaper though (the Austrian team's fans and their banner ;))

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

So Spurs are looking for a new manager, whilst Harry will be looking for a club with a big bank balance!

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Spurs will implode after this, Daniel Levy overplayed his hand IMO and the top players WILL NOT be happy, there was serious love for Harry at that club.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

But top players were already not happy? Defoe's been making noises about moving on, and he isn't the only one, and that's with Harry there!

What Spurs could do with now is a manager with his eye on the future rather than one who's skills are based around results now, wheeling and dealing and buying success.

Could be Moyes' chance at last...

7. Camren

Camren Commodore Commodore

Edit: Wrong footie thread

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Am a little more excited for Team GB now because they can't be any worser than ENGLAND in the Euro's :p plus there all night games so I can watch them. We know that Richards, Giggs and Bellamy will be in it and more rumors show Scott Sinclair, Daniel Sturridge (who will be our main striker), Aaron Ramsey and Tom Cleverley will be in it too. Its a pity that Bale n Walker are both out though but I hope our starting 11 might be a little like this...

Butland

Gunter, Richards , Taylor, Gibbs

Sinclair, Allen, Giggs, Cleverley, Bellamy

Sturridge

9. HappyDayRiot

Surprised to see Marvin Sordell in that squad - did he even kick a ball for Bolton after leaving Watford last season? Speaking of Watford, exciting times there with the takeover and Zola's imminent appointment.

And speaking of takeovers.... Forest with some money? Typical of them to get embroiled in a tapping up scandal at the same time eh? ;)

God August 17th can't come quick enough already!

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Exciting times for Watford? Remind me what happened to the last team Zola managed, or in fact how succesful the last Italian international who managed Watford was?

And I hope Dyche takes them to the cleaners!

And yeah soon Forest will have money again, whilst we're in the process of selling one of our best players for peanuts, having already lost our other top player last season to a possibly career ending injury. Having bought in some half decent players last summer and looking like we were building a good team, we're back to selling players off and scrabbling around for replacements in the bargain bin. Now fair dos, Nige has proven quite an adept bargain hunter (at times) but eventually we're going to run out of luck.

I dunno, if we sign some players I might start getting positive again, but at the moment I find I'm not much looking forward to next season. Meanwhile Forest will potentially go from a team in horrendous debt who were nearly relegated to a team with cash who might be tilting at the play offs (though if Darren Ferguson is there idea of the manager to do that they may not do very well.)

Truly Jimmy Greaves was right...

11. HappyDayRiot

Hmmm yes when I wrote that I didn't realise they were going to sack the poor guy. He did an incredible job for them last year after took half their staff and best player, not to mention they had no money and now another of their best players is in prison!

Chin up, it's only July. And at least you haven't changed your home kit to red or something ludicrous ;) Forest will do nothing this season, I suspect. Far too many teams ahead of them in every respect.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I was in a very grumpy mood yesterday morning! Definitely mr Grumpy Face as Amy Pond might say!

I will wait and see, maybe we'll sign three £1 million players in the next week....:lol:

13. HappyDayRiot

Robin van Persie is available...

14. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Appleby says we're not far off from getting back into the PL.

We've lost our most experienced midfielder in Green, for free, one of our best defenders, Shackle for peanuts, and will soon lose our joint top-scorer, Davies, again likely for little as he's in the final year of his contract.

When Appleby said PL I wasn't expecting him to mean the Blue Square PL - fooking depressing. :(

15. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm not too fussed about Green to be honest, but yeah not good times...although apparently we're after some young lad from Crewe...can only hope he's as good as the last young defender from Crewe!

16. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mellor - utility player, can play anywhere across the back line.

Ahead of the new season, an experienced centre half, a proper striker, and a creative midfielder are imperative.

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Trouble is we needed a striker before Davis dropped his bombshell, so assuming he does go we surely need to get two...and I fear we won't. Never say never though :)

18. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

So, thanks to someone mentioning it in the Euro thread I just watched Mike Basset England Manager; all I can say is I'd support the shit out of that team. :D

19. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

It's a good film, eh? I think it pokes fun at the clichés pretty well.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Forest should have a new manager in a few days, personally I am hoping for "Alan Curbishley" ;) but knowing Forest we will get the next Steve Kean in waiting :rolleyes:

Still I feel sorry for Cotterill getting sacked.