Star Trek 3 trailer in Star Wars Episode 7 (2015) [Speculation]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cara007, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Cara007

Cara007 Lieutenant

Apparently Star Wars 7 is coming out in December 2015. who else thinks the trailer for star trek 3 will be one of the trailers that episode 7 will have attached to it?

If star trek 3 is coming out in the summer of 2016. I hope the trailer is tied to episode 7. I am almost convince it will happen. Abram's is still a producer for Trek 3 so what better way to promote the film.

Star Trek and Star Wars are so linked now. Trekweb is even giving us star wars news daily. :lol:

I have always enjoyed both sagas, although I find a lot of the male Star Wars fans very irritating and not so bright .:confused:

I never understood the rivialy. if they have the same producer now, they may as well feed off each other.

2. captainkirk

captainkirk Commodore Commodore

Re: Star Trek 3 trailer in Star Wars Episode 7 (2015)

It would actually be a brilliant way of getting anyone who said "I won't see Star Wars because J.J. abandoned us." To go see the movie.

What I would prefer though, is for them to release Trek in summer 2015 and celebrate the anniversary with a series.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really... if the trailer's going to be released with Star Wars... I promise it'll be on youtube before the opening screening's text dump gets through rolling.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since I intend to see Star Wars VII at least 12 times I would be very very happy about this.

5. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That would tie together nicely, here's hoping it'll show up.

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

"Attaching" a trailer to a film means that the trailer in question is added to the film by the studio, not that a given trailer is merely shown in front of a movie. Theaters can choose most of the trailer line-up for a given movie on their own, then comes a trailer attached by the studio.

If this were to happen, it would not be Disney attaching a a trailer for a Paramount tentpole to one of their own tentpole films, but the theater deciding that a Trek trailer would be good to show in front of a Star Wars movie.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The release date I saw given for Star Wars VII was December 18. Even granted that the built-in audience would be huge, isn't that a bit late for the first look at a Trek trailer? The initial theatrical trailers for the last two movies were out four weeks and two weeks sooner, respectively.

8. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMG a whole 14 days earlier for the last film!!!

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

There's the basic problem that Star Wars 7 will be released Dec 18th 2015, any third Star Trek movie will be released closer to the anniversary as they'll need about that long to make it, putting it's release closer to Sept-Nov 2016, nearly a full year later.

They may not even have anything to show at that point other that a flashy title card with the title of the movie.

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I could probably have put that more clearly. Looking at it in terms of lead time before release date:

ST09 ->
    trailer release - 15 Nov 2008
    movie release - 06 May 2009
    days elapsed -- 172 (~1 week short of 6 months)

STID ->
    trailer release - 06 Dec 2012
    movie release - 17 May 2013
    days elapsed -- 162 (just under 5.5 months)

Assuming, for lack of any firm date, another early/mid-May release: how much shorter would Paramount/Bad Robot want to make the period for promoting the movie? Six months out is and has for years been a fairly typical start time.

On the other hand, if Chem's hypothetical Sept-Nov 2016 target window turns out to be the one, then does attaching a trailer to a movie opening December 18 make more sense or even less?

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

It could be an interesting way to reveal the title and raise awareness of the film.

Have the music for the film come up as the Paramount logo/animation plays, then have a Trek 50th logo, followed by an animated reveal of the full film title, and a tentative release date.

Unless Tr3k is going to be a summer 2016 release ahead of the anniversary, which would make it the shortest production window of them yet, and they go for a 6 month gap again.

12. Cara007

Cara007 Lieutenant

my point EXACTLY!

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Trek XI and STID (and Star Wars 7) are any kind of precedent, then Trek XIII will get postponed from its 2016 release date and therefore there likely won't be a trailer with Star Wars.

Unless Star Wars is postponed yet again.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Everything will be postponed and then ACTUAL ALIEN ATTACKS occur on earth and even though they go away or get resolved everyone is totally freaked out and won't touch science fiction with a thousand foot pole and the genre is dead.

Worst nightmare.

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which is why someone really needs to light a fire under Abrams to get these movies done ASAP.

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Remember the 2009 movie's teaser trailer? Glimpses of a construction guy welding the Enterprise together, accompanied by snippets of speech related to the space program. It was... exciting!

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Or something like that. I just meant we won't have any finished footage, and it would be too much of a tease I suppose to see it a year before release.

But there's a few things they can do to drum up interest, can't wait to see what that might be.

18. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Just an image of a bloody bat'leth.