Once Upon A Time Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Season 4 of OUAT starts tonight.

I have been catching up on the show these last few months ever since hearing that Frozen would be involved this year. I'm excited!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Well, Elsa's still a badass, which is all I care about.

Besides that, the Anna and Elsa actresses are good in the roles, and the Kristoff actor's trying really hard.

Also, Since Beauty and The Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies I thought what Rumple did for Belle was pretty cool.

As for the rest... my biggest problem with this show has always been the characters are more interesting in their fairy tale modes.

3. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching now.

Let it go, let it go ...

:D

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a pretty good start to the season.
    I like how they're handling the Frozen elements so far. I have to admit, I was surprised Pabie was such a direct take on the movie version.
    I liked seeing Sydney/The Mirror back. Giancarlo Espisito's return to Once, is one of the only good things to come out of the cancelation of Revolution.
    I'm very curious to see where they are going to go with Regina's search for the book's author.

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Any ideas on who the author is... if its not August / Pinocchio?

I loved the shot of Regina on the floor, on one side of the door and Emma on the other side, promising to help bring about Regina's happy ending.

Hell, Emma, a good start would be to bring Henry over to have supper with Regina.

6. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did Rumple turn that thing into the Sorcerer's Apprentice hat? Mickey Mouse gonna show up? ;)

7. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Loved the episode.

Elsa and Anna were perfectly cast. They did a great job with Elsa's powers. Kristoff and the reindeer were good. Elsa's "I will find you" line is the same phrase that Snow and Charming always use.

I guess Regina and Marion plot will be the thing for the next few episodes. The writers better not take the lazy route and kill off Marion so Regina can get her man.

8. Gryffindorian

Wow. As someone who hasn't seen Frozen, I must say I enjoyed this season premiere, and I find the characters of Elsa and Anna Interesting that I'm compelled to finally rent the movie.

Regina's saving Marian's life didn't surprise me because I knew she's not the monster she once was. But what does she have planned in terms of finding the author of the book and getting her happy ending? Nice episode.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watched Frozen for the first time yesterday.

Nice songs, but no story, because there's no villain and no conflict.

(Yes, the fake fiancée, but c'mon!)

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

There doesn't have to be a villain for there to be a conflict. In fact, it's usually more interesting when there isn't a villain, which is the case with Frozen-- it's interesting because of the characters and how the story successfully undermines the tropes of the typical Disney movies.

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

13. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

No villain? What of Weaselton?

I quite enjoyed the season opener. The ice monster sounded pretty darn close to the version from the movie. So much so that I wonder if they brought in the same voice actor to reprise that part?

Anna's voice here is so close to that from the movie, I can't tell if the actress is intentionally mimicing Kristen Bell's voice, or if they had Bell come in for the dialog, and the actress is lip-syncing.

Loved the Gold/Belle dance, and the new/old take on the B&tB song. I wish it had been extended for a few more minutes. Even without dialog, it was probably the most entertaining part of the episode.

Lovely to hear John Rhys Davis again, as the grandpa troll.

I suppose in this version of the Frozen tale, the Frozen/Tangled crossover didn't happen.

Poor Regina. Are they ever going to give her a happy ending? She isn't entirely evil, she's not a bad guy any more. I wonder if she realizes it? She kept talking about how she was the villain, but I think she's wrong.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Glad we don't have another evil queen, just a scared queen looking for her sister. It's nice. I enjoyed it.

15. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

The producers have gone on record, saying this Elsa is post-Frozen, and is not the "big bad" in the series. She's just confused, lost in this new world.

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed it was a good premiere, and the casting of the Anna and Elsa was spot on. Although I think I would have preferred seeing the producers own, Once-style spin on the Frozen world, instead of just copying everything directly from the movie (even, apparently, down to the exact costumes the character's parents were wearing).

And the Queen's search for the writer of the book seems like a very intriguing idea. I'm not sure what character from fairy tale lore would be a good candidate for something like that, but I'm sure they'll come up with something good.

And I had no idea whatsoever that was supposed to be the Fantasia hat at the end. Or even that it was a wizards hat at all! It just looked like some pointy glob to me. Lol

17. Gryffindorian

I liked The Sorcerer's Apprentice reference as well (and Paul Dukas's theme).

18. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Blame the producers. It was their idea. They wanted to do Frozen, not a different take on Frozen.

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I really liked the Frozen stuff and the actresses who play Anna and Elsa are perfect. The Beauty and the Beast thing was cool too, as was the Fantasia hat.

Didn't like Regina slipping back to the dark side, but I'm a bit confused because I thought Pinocchio wrote the book, or did he only write certain parts?

Thought Rumple confessing to Neal was a bit odd, as he died a while ago. I don't like this whole flip-flopping with the dagger either.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw Frozen like 3 days ago.

"True loves kiss breaks curses"??????!!!!!!!

It is my belief that Disney knew what was coming and made this movie for Once Upon a Time on purpose.

It's a ####ing stitch up.