They are going ahead with a Justice League movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Jun 6, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm a little disappointed to hear no Aquaman or Martian Manhunter as part of the team. I am, however, relieved to hear Green Lantern. I was very afraid he might get left out after the debacle of the solo film. The question now is, will it be Hal Jordan, or will they decide to distance themselves from the Reynolds crap and use John Stewart (which would serve the dual purpose of diversifying the cast)

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Simon Baz.

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Ha! Can you imagine the fanboy butthurt if they used Baz? Being the new main Green Lantern aside, there's no way they would ever consider using him. Heck, I wouldn't think they would even use John if it weren't for the Justice League cartoon. I remember hearing plenty of non-comic fans asking before the Green Lantern movie came out "Wait, isn't Green Lantern black?"

4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I didn't think Green Lantern was that bad.

Sure it could have used a little less Tim Robbins, but that's true for every movie he's been in.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Tim Robbins is in Green Lantern? Might check it out after all.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I liked GL, I get the impression Reynolds has moved on from the experience (other than marrying his co-star of course) and wouldn't want to be in a Justice League movie anyway.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

El Mayimbe from Latino Review gave this Tweet.

He knows WB has a director for JL that 'they're happy with' and that he has the inside track.

A MASSIVE set back for DC. It would be their "John Carter"

Batman would be brought back in 3 to 5 years. WB would be permanently scared of trying any other hero

-Superman Returns? Strike One

-Green Lantern? Strike two

-Man of Steel? Strike Three

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I do wish they'd keep Batman and Superman to their own, seperate realities. Head up the JLA with a Supergirl, not Kara, but Kal-El if he'd happened to have been conceived and born female. :techman:

9. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I still dont quite believe this movie is actually going to happen, there maybe alot of "will" for this movie to happen from fans and DC/WB looking at the much greener grass on Marvel / Disneys lawn, but despite reports, I just dont see it happening. Having a film in development is obviously not the same as filming.

Meanwhile if Man of Steel flops, that would kill this, they cant launch a Justice League movie on the back of a Superman flop, and the studio will need to wait a couple of years, before they can revive Superman.

As bad as the Green Lantern movie was, that is not a problem for this movie.

Assuming Superman is a hit, I think the biggest problem is making a new Batman work after the highly successful trilogy.

10. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

At this point, I think the cast should be the new 52 line up. Cyborg could be pretty cool looking in a movie.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Batman should hardly be in it. He should tell them all to piss off at the start but then turn up at the end.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it a lot, and Warners made their money on it - but not nearly enough to make it a success justifying a sequel. One can see in retrospect that Green Lantern is a problematic movie concept without a lot of retooling to the story, but there's no reason the character can't work well in Justice League.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The whole movie should take place while he's in the pit.

14. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could lift the Wolverine cameo in First Class and literally have Batman in it for one line.

15. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could have the Justice League hand over the bill for whatever damages they cause to Bruce at the end of the movie.

16. Set Harth

If they need to explain why Superman didn't save Gotham in TDKR he can just say "that was when I was in space looking for Krypton".

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nah, he should be a team player who suggests they form a group, just like in JLofA #9

18. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Batman and the actual superheroes... yeah.

Dude. Reboot, remember? That didn't happen. ;)

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

How did you think Wayne survived the nuke?

20. Set Harth

Ejectable fridge.