The Final Final Fate Of The Ponds

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess it was either this ending or the one we got, it would have been a bit messy and confusing to have both. Personally I'm happy with what we got and this is just a nice little coda which I will personally take as canon.

2. Sparky

Sparky Commodore Commodore

I agree. It would be nice as a CiN special or a dvd extra or a mini webisode though.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Chibnall himself, "P.S." was to be a DVD extra (like "Night and the Doctor"), but the actor wasn't available. He goes on to say it was written at the same time as "Pond Life," long before the season began airing.

4. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

then film it later! Erg....

5. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It would have been a fine addition to the episode, assuming they could have fit it in -- or made it a slightly longer episode. I really rather would have sen a scene where the Doctor confronts Brian and attempts to explain/apologize.

6. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Or used the letter or letters instead of River's novel? You could have told the same story, minus the novel.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I would have had less problem with the fixed nature of their end had it been read in the letters.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I agree, whatever you think about it, this really was Amy's story with Rory, rather than Amy and Rory's story, it's always played that way throughout, even when Rory became a full time companion, with that in mind I think the actual ending we got was lovely, and I don't see how you could have had both.

At the end of the day you don't need to see something to asume it happened. Of course Amy and Rory would find some way to let Brian know, or the Doctor will; and, you know, they have other family too, how will they feel? At least Brian has an inkling what might have happened to them. We feel for Brian because we've met him, but Rory has a mum too, amy has a mum and dad etc.

As interesting as it has been, at times, to see the impact on family members of a companion travelling with the Doctor I really hope they knock it on the head for a while now.

9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm glad that scene was never filmed. It contradicts the storyline about Amy not being able to have children, and the overall effect was too much of a happy ending for the Ponds. I much prefered the sad "they are dead ... but sort of" official ending we got.

10. Bob The Skutter

^How? They adopted, he said so.

11. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

That's what I was thinking. I enjoyed the episode, but I thought the whole "well we read it in a book, now we're stuck with it" was a bit odd--even for Doctor Who.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Why?

Remember it wasn't a novel they were reading rather a history boook.

13. Bob The Skutter

No, it really wasn't. It was wrong. It said the Doctor broke River's arm, when he left her and she did it herself.

14. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

And if she had managed to hide it from the Doctor, would that have rewrote time: him not knowing? I know she say you never let the Doctor see the damage but a broke hand is shit in a fight; so it was either she thought she was rewriting the future like he wanted or she didn't want to deal with him having a tantrum. Why did Rory go into that particular building and muck about--he hadn't read the book; he could have said "well, I just park my ass at this coffee shop, grab a cup and let the Doctor pop by with the Tardis to pick me up". Angels plan screwed. Which leads me to ask: Why not send him back to the battery-farm directly? Why just let him wander about to find it on his own?

See this is why I don't over think DW episodes to often :lol:

15. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My mistake. I must have missed that line ...

16. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Kinda reminds me a bit of the Roswell finale, when they all had to leave town and it ends with Liz mailing her diaries to her parents, instructing them to read them, let Maria's mother read them, then burn & bury them out in the desert.

17. Jim Steele

Jim Steele Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not enough. I want to know every detail. Season 7 should have been 6 episodes about their divorce proceedings. /TheInternet

18. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe some talented Youtube animator out there will take a crack at bringing this scene to life.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Troughton The Moonbase, missing episodes 1 and 3, Youtube used to have (Perhaps they still do) someone who took the telesnaps and animated them, the first episode isn't bad at all, by the end of Episode 3, it's getting pretty shoddy, but, it started off real well, and is better, IMHO to watch then the Still Telesnaps

So, yea, if there's storyboards, someone could probably go to town with it

I've seen some really CGI Trailers for some audio tracks from Audioplays, too.