Heroes 3x20 "Cold Snap" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 23, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

31.0%
  2. Above Average

56.3%
  3. Average

11.3%
  4. Below Average

1.4%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Except for the bad ones who like having evil powers. Don't take "self-destructive" so literally - I mean something that would be bad for a good person's psyche and self-image, and would be a curse for them. I'm thinking of powers like Maya's disease - stuff that only an evil person would like having.

Or it could be like Sylar's "seeing" power making him murderous and nutty. Not inherently bad for you, but with bad side effects. It would stand to reason that there are more powers out there like that, and would make for an interesting limitation to Peter's powers, if he gets the power-sponge ability back in full force someday.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You think Peter's only power was empathic mimicry ? Nobody is that emo naturally.:shifty:

Seriously, though, that's another good limitation. We've already come up with four - 1) He might go nuclear if he uses too many, 2) He can't use more than a couple at a time because of how he recalls the powers (through recalling emotions), 3) He can't duplicate the powers of people he has no emotional connection with and 4) He might absorb a power that's dangerous to himself or others that he can't control.

The writers of Heroes since season two, however, have 1) taken his memory of having powers away, 2) taken the powers themselves away, 3) given him a cheap, crappy version of his original power.

In conclusion, Heroes should be written by a committee of TrekBBS posters because the existing writers are dumb.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Gene Hackman played Lex in the movies like how the character was used in the comics at the time. Nothing wrong with that. Of course you'll be disappointed with it if you prefer the more modern version of Lex.

4. Temis the Vorta

That would be an interesting experiment! :rommie: A good way to while away the summer doldrums perhaps?

5. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, he didn't. But that's not his fault. Luthor of the comics at the time was pure mad scientist, the sort of guy who spends his time in a lab building shirk rays and other such marvels, and then make futile attempts to use them for revenge instead of just patenting them and making billions.

But the mad scientist didn't work so well on screen, so they combined him with a con artist character named Funky Flashman, to produce the character that Hackman played. He was nore Flashman than Luthor, even having Flashman's henchmen.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

But if it was up to some (female) posters here Peter would be shirtless every episode. :p

7. Temis the Vorta

Shirtless?!? I assure you, it will not be quite so PG-13. ;)

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show! Snuff Flick Donkey Show!

It's just a question of how the Donkey kills Pete upon climax.

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I am claiming the Executive Producer role, by the way, and have final veto on all ideas!

10. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

In that case I'm taking the role of studio head and firing you for being too uppity.

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Fine, my show will do well on DVD and then I'll flog the idea to Universal and get a movie made! :p

12. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Unfortunately, the contract you sign gave me all the rights to the show, so I'll just sue you, get rich, and retire to some leisurely tropical isle.

13. Temis the Vorta

I claim Insane Starfleet Admiral role, and veto all your vetos! Okay I'll play nice and limit my squickiness to Pylar only.

If by "Donkey," do you mean...never mind, we're skating on the edge of thread closure as it is. :rommie:
    Which reminds me, I'm perfectly serious about this, my ideal TV series would be a series on HBO or Showtime about the inner workings of creating a space opera series. Entourage on the set of Star Trek: The Rebooted TV Series.