BLSSDWLF's TOS Enterprise WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by blssdwlf, Apr 24, 2010.

1. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good point Mytran. I'll add some steps on the next revision :)

2. blssdwlf

Question (as I couldn't find any confirmation from watching ST6:TUC) - do these markings only show up in ST5:TFF and not in ST6:TUC? Thanks! :D

3. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I believe you can see them when the E flies over the camera on the way to Khitomer in TUC. I didn't know you could see them in TFF. But I may have that backwards.

4. blssdwlf

5. blssdwlf

It's been a while but two updates :D

The first update is a WIP of the TMP Engineering section. Vertically it fits in a 305m ship. Length-wise, not so well with the long front hallway :shifty: :)

[​IMG]

6. blssdwlf

And the second update, a return to the TOS Enterprise :D

The beginnings of the Energizer room as seen in "The Alternative Factor".

[​IMG]

7. deg3D

deg3D Captain Captain

Great stuff, dude, I love it all! :)

deg

8. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love the energizer room! I've seen many interpretations of this set, but you seem to have captured a good accurate rendering of the actual space seen on screen (that would fit into the corridor set)

Can't begin to imagine how the internal wiring is laid out, tho! After all, Lazarus switched some space-fuses around at a hatch near the door, to cause an overload 2 rooms over! ;)

9. blssdwlf

Thanks Deg3d and Mytran :)

Yeah, I just noticed how they got it to fit that corridor set now too!

10. Mytran

I had made a 2-D diagram of it which shows how they slotted it in, but it seems kinda unneccessary now! :techman:

Also it did not survive the reformatting of my hard drive :(

11. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Just curious. did you base this 3d creation on my illustration I posted back on page 10 of this discussion? The tv episode only? Bit of both?
    I've started a new job at an fx studio and have lost track of this thread for the last month or so.
    Excellent work by the way!

12. blssdwlf

@Mytran - d'oh sorry to hear about your hdd. Never fun :(

@Wildstar - thanks and congrats on the new job :) Your diagram helped orientate the red cage area that Lazarus was hiding in but I ended up watching and matching as much as I could directly from the episode.

It was harder than the other parts of the ship as I didn't have much for scale or reference points. I ended up starting with the height of the door frames and Lt Masterson (relative to Kirk).

I wasn't able to derive the shape of the desk so this is a bit of a guess. If anyone happens to have a set diagram that would be awesome :D

One interesting bit was that the engineering console in the outer room had its height adjusted between scenes. In one it is lower and the other it is higher. I realized this by looking at Masterson's right arm and comparing the two shots. So I'm chalking that console to be adjustable in height.

For grins I added the S1 corridor set as well. When I drop it into the cutaway in the engineering hull I'll be bending/adjusting the curve of the corridor and the walls of the energiser room that were not visible on camera :shifty: :D

[​IMG]

13. blssdwlf

And with a little bit of experimenting I blocked in a layout for the S1 engineering section with the energiser room added in. I did make an effort to line up the M/AM reactor (the big sphere) with the circle at the bottom of the hull :D

[​IMG]

14. mattpiper

mattpiper Ensign Red Shirt

The engineering section in the secondary hull is really starting to become a maze, which is perfect.

15. Mytran

Agreed - the way you tied these disperate sets together into a mechanical setup that looks believable is great!

16. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh. My. God.

17. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This.

And I absolutely love the asymmetry. :techman::techman:

18. blssdwlf

Thanks guys :D

Here is also a potential layout for the S2/3 energiser. I removed the energiser room and made it part of the deck below main engineering.

I'll still need to add in the remainder of the energiser system that distributes into primary hull (somewhere on Deck 7).

Next will probably be the M/AMRC service crawlway from "That Which Survives" and then more hallways and quarters and stuff to fill in :)

I have no idea where I'm going to put the fuel yet :shifty:

[​IMG]

19. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Just...freaking...WILD! :techman:

20. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Freaking Incredible keep up the great work :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman::techman: